• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Toolboxes

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Doc has a Craftsman toolbox. I'll one-up him. I have two - both probably older than half the folks on this board. I'll try to shrink them so I can post - the pictures that is.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have two, one double with a matco side box and one triple, with a big general bottom and top .

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doc has a Craftsman toolbox. I'll one-up him. I have two - both probably older than half the folks on this board. I'll try to shrink them so I can post - the pictures that is.

Most of the folks on this board are in their 60s.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
60s? A bunch of kids. As for pictures, if I shrink down to the logos, it will fit. One is their standard toolbox with a tray in the top and the other is a 3-drawer rollaway cabinet with lockable space at the bottom. It's filled with stuff I'll probably never use again like a ring compressor and Whitworth wrenches.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You guys would laugh at my tool box collection... I'm just now moving into a new house, across the country from where I used to live in Virginia. Since I had to load and then unload them all, I counted them. The present count on toolboxes is 16. Yeah... way to many for anyone. I may have a problem. All various manufacturers from snap on, craftsman, husky, vidmar, etc.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
All my roll-cabs are Snap-On ones. Two KR-557B side by side and a "Master Series" 19-drawer combo, KR-550 top box with a side cabinet. All late '70's to early '80's vintage.

The Craftsman is a two-drawer with an upper compartment with a removable tray under the lid. That's the refurb project.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Eventually I'll refurb all mine to be the same color, but that's a project for way down the road. Too many LABCs to finish up first

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I also have about 5 other assorted metal boxes filled with electrical parts, odds and ends plus 4 plastic fishing tackle boxes.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
21' bass boat, 16 rods and reels, 6 back up rods, 15 tackle boxes, with 8 in basement. ( used to fish tournaments).

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
21' bass boat, 16 rods and reels, 6 back up rods, 15 tackle boxes, with 8 in basement. ( used to fish tournaments).

Th mind reels...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Speaking of tackle/tool boxes, I have a small tackle box I bought with money earned from collecting soft drink bottles and turning them in when I was 12 or 13. That was in '62 - '63! A bit rusty, but still functional. Has a ring on the front that swivels up to act as a rod holder. It was long ago relegated to holding electrical connectors, but still quite handy. One of the very few things I still have from my youth.