• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First ride in a LBC

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I got to see my twin grandkids for the first time in six months due to the lockdown. I've been looking forward to this day as many of us have to see our loved ones. My 5 1/2 year old asked if I would take him for a ride in "grandpa's car".... His first ever ride in a convertible and he loved it!

IMG_4527.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That kinda thing could ruin the kid for life!

I'm proof positive, Elliot!

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That kinda thing could ruin the kid for life!

I'm proof positive, Elliot!
You know you are RIGHT.... when I was about 10 years old I saw a guy riding a Lambretta. Ever since then I was hooked.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My "enlightenment" came early, I was a toddler and Dad had pals who ran hillclimbs. One with an MG-TC, another with an XK-120. I got rides in both. The Confirmation came at about age 13, when the friends of a neighbor showed up in a Series-2 Lotus Elan. That ride was eye opening, the owner baited a Corvette into a drag race and out accelerated it by a BIG margin. I never looked at Detroit Iron the same way again.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Cute kid. We have none of those - just 3 Grandcats. Used to be 4. Son has one and daughter 2.
Thanks for the kind words.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That's awesome. My daughter loves both the Vette and Miata but I sometimes feel like she is missing out by not getting to ride around in my old triumph like the boys did.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Update... I was asked by my grandson if he could go for “another ride”.
While on the second ride my grandson asked: “will you save this car for when I get older?”
The question brought a big smile to my face.

Roys

Country flag
I was about 10 & a friends older brother had a red bugeye . He drove us around a few times but the first gear had a broken tooth and made noise . I couldn't understand why he didn't just "fix it" . How hard could it be ?