• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Really Little LBC

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My HO slot car layout has a new detail as of the last week. I finished a diner and now Inspector Morse and Sargeant Lewis are in town helping the local police solve a mystery in Cherringtown.
L4-x24IMG_2633 copy.jpeg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Dave - bravo on the new additions!

Here is Zip's Diner (Killingly CT), just down the road from me.

Zip Diner.jpg

Inspector Morse, and Foyle's War - two of the best British TV series.

Best wishes to you and Peg.
Tom M.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Dave - bravo on the new additions!

Here is Zip's Diner (Killingly CT), just down the road from me.

View attachment 64361

Inspector Morse, and Foyle's War - two of the best British TV series.

Best wishes to you and Peg.
Tom M.

Forgive me, but couldn't help remembering this classic:

Attachments

• gahan wilson.jpg
    gahan wilson.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 48

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Only ate at Zip's once. It's in Dayville, CT. On our way to a wedding in Massachusetts, we were stopped by a State Trooper on 395 and given a BS ticket. I sent it back with a Not Guilty plea but I had to go for trial in Willimantic - about 2 hours from Stamford. As is usual in criminal cases, I met with the prosecutor beforehand. He asked me how many years I had been driving. At that time, it had been almost 50 years. He turned to a policeman standing there and asked "What do we do with this guy?" The cop said "Throw the book at him!". The prosecutor said "You heard him. Get the F outta here - and don't come back. Have a nice day, counselor". I never forgot it.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Mickey, Who was playmate of the month in that issue of Playboy?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Dunno - just read it for the articles...

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I was always surprised by the quality of the fiction that they published.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sorry, Dave - didn't mean to run this off the rails. VERY nice work on your track! Reminds me of the dioramas we used to visit at the Louisiana State Museum in Shreveport when I was a kid in the fifties. I've always been amazed at the detailed work that goes into creations such as yours.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Love the dedication, Dave. I've only an inkling as to the time and effort going into that. One uncle was an HO scale fan, built a scaled copy of our neighborhood, made the houses from manilla folders and Tester's paints.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Your modeling skills are really impressive Dave. What did you use for the asphalt? It almost looks like sandpaper.

Country flag
Yeah - I always found it hard to believe those women were real.

Seems that the time has come, the print edition, after coming back from being a literary attempt with no photos, has been discontinued. Like so many magazines, just couldn't complete with the short attention span net users for time.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I read "The Man with the Golden Gun" in the four-part episodes in 1965. My Old Man had subscribed to Playboy since it started, missed the first couple months. Mother threw all away after he'd passed. She had NO idea...

Country flag
I tried to assemble a full set, used to find them at flea markets back in the 80s. Didn't quite manage but it is all there from 1960 to now the final one. Eventually I'll sell them since things like that can bring decent money anymore from collectors. Funny, most I only looked through once...