• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Autumn Red?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Put it here for more to see. What is the British paint code for autumn red? I can't find my paint files??? PJ :rolleyes2:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I don't know if this will help, but the closest color I could find in an older DuPont paints book.
DuPont 97598-H Tartan Red #85. Chip 406
Mfg code RD-9 Duco 84022H Dulux 84022M Chip 406

A deep red color. This is from British cars 1965. All I got. Maybe it'll help.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I was trying to find that. I have that in archives for all, but computer isn't always cooperating. Thanks Tom. I also didn't remember Autumn Red by the time I got to garage and opened book. Long way to walk this early in the morning.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I know some of you are older, but I just hit 70 and have back, feet, ankles, knee hurts I don't remember having before. I really don't care about memory lapse (the whole Nation has one), but crawling around under cars isn't as easy as it used to be.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I know some of you are older, but I just hit 70 and have back, feet, ankles, knee hurts I don't remember having before. I really don't care about memory lapse (the whole Nation has one), but crawling around under cars isn't as easy as it used to be.

:iagree:

Same boat, Larry. Same age, same maladies. Did a water pump R&R on a pal's MGB last Thursday, up-down-up, On my knees, on my back, bending over... STILL feel it in my back and knees. And to think this was routine work just a few years ago! :rolleyes2:

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Doc, with that much up and down by the mid 70's you're going to turn that job into a weeks effort. I'm 80 and anything I do is planned to be once down and once up, other wise its morning/afternoon or multi-days.:fat:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Bob, I'm near the point, if you want my help, bring the car with a cover. Don't be in a hurry, and be here to help. Not rushing anything anymore.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Larry, thanks for the offer. The up and down plus the fact that gravity got me in the car but didn’t help a bit getting me out of it was the reason we sold several years ago. Really miss that car because it was great to drive on long trips (as long as it wasn’t raining).

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The memory lapses are my main problem. I put a wrench down then spend 30 minutes looking for it. That usually involves several up and downs. Sucks if I am working in the inspection pit.

David

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Bob, I didn't mean for you to bring the car. I have too many people wanting freebies I have to tell the bring the car with a cover. Get to it when I can. Has to be Vintage British. Finally, I put up a sign, "just because I'm retired doesn't mean it's free time."

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
... Finally, I put up a sign, "just because I'm retired doesn't mean it's free time."

I sure know that feeling. After I retired from university network management, faculty would bring me their computers "to fix up".

Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks Tom, that's the file I was looking for! :encouragement:

Thanks for asking, Paul (and to Tom for providing!). The link just ran me down a rabbit hole again. Lost the info to a hard drive crash a couple years back, IIRC.

Larry said:
Bob, I didn't mean for you to bring the car. I have too many people wanting freebies I have to tell the bring the car with a cover. Get to it when I can. Has to be Vintage British. Finally, I put up a sign, "just because I'm retired doesn't mean it's free time."

I've a small sign with "Labor Rates" on it, I just point to it. Sorry for the blurry image.

Hrates.jpg
Neighborhood kids bring their bikes to me to fix and when I ask 'em if they've got any money as I point, they give me the "deer in the headlights" look. I just laugh and fix the bikes. :wink:

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I tell people "I'm not free, but I might be available."