• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Rod-H

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
Hello Y'all:

I'm Rod Hamilton from Lago Vista Texas, USA. I've been searching and reading and plagiarizing this forum for some time and I've finally decided to sign up.

I'm currently driving a Restomod 1964 TR4 with a Honda S2000 Engine Transmission, It is a non-original color (something Judges at shows always point out, as if I didn't know) Dodge Deep Molten Red Metallic, Non-original interior, Miata seats with Palomino Beige coverings, and pretty much everything else is non-original.

Glad to finally have jumped in.

Rod

DSC02358.jpg

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
That car must scream when you put the pedal down. I am alright with non original colors and seats. It is your car. Does the differential put up with all that extra HP?

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Rod

That is a great looking TR4. Driving it and enjoying it is more important than being totally original.

Post some more photos of the interior and engine here and in the Triumph section.

David

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Having driven an S2000, I can attest for the way they can turn out the rpms. Use it in good health and don't listen to the purists.

OP
Rod-H

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
That car must scream when you put the pedal down. I am alright with non original colors and seats. It is your car. Does the differential put up with all that extra HP?

I've never really put my foot all the way in it. The tuner did when it was being dynoed. Differential: not really. I have Revington TR uprated axles, but, I'm leaning toward a southwick conversion. The engine has fairly low torque output, 175 ft lbs @ 4600 rpm, which saves it from breaking axles.

Rod