• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Baby Tenax Fasteners

Redoakboo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I am in the final stages of restoring my 1954 TR 2 long door. I bought a new top and tonneau cover for it. The car had two rotten tops and tonneau's I salvaged the Baby Tenax fasteners from them. I am still in need of several more to complete the new covers. I have all the studs on the car and windshield but I'm missing some of the lift caps for the tonneau.

Anyone have some they would like to sell? Dick Vinal

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Dick - I have some for sale but because they are so scarce and I have been collecting them for so long, I cannot sell them cheaply - which is what I usually try to do with parts for other enthusiasts. So you may want to see what else you can find first. Send me an email if you get stuck.

Dan

OP
R

Redoakboo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Dan, I have a new top that came with all the larger Tenax fasteners in a bag. I just found out that the one's that you lift the button will work on the Baby Tenax studs! I have ordered a tonneau, that will come with the same large fasteners. All the fasten spots will take this lift the button on the tonneau so I am in good shape. I even have a jar full of baby tenax studs left over.

Hope you guys are safe over there in Heaven? It was 94 here today. I have several contractors coming over this week to give me estimates to air condition the garage.

Dick

Lou Metelko

Jedi Trainee
Dan:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you donate a full set of "babies" to the resurrection of TS1? Also didn't you come to Auburn, Indiana for the unveiling of TS1 at TRA's national in 2003? As you will remember you drove my TR2 during that meet. My wife drove you to the airport for your return flight.

You will always be welcome in Auburn!

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2LD

Lou Metelko

Jedi Trainee
John:
I have been looking for "babies" for about 15 years! Find 2 or 3 every now and then but only have about two thirds of a set as I am sure many others have the same numbers.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2LD TS981

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Lou! Yes, that was me and I will never forget how generous you were to let me drive your beautiful ice blue car. I really admired how correct and tight that car was, and it inspired me to do my TR2 to a standard as close as I could to yours. That was the best part of the trip to Auburn by far! I also remember having that full set of baby tenax from my TR2 and donating it to TS1. It was nice to think I had a conection between my car and TS1! Funny karma story, as TS1 ended up in Hawaii several years later and I got a chance to drive it as well! And then over the years I had a tinge of regret at not having the correcet baby tenax tasteners for my car, so I got an itch to see if I could gather another set of those baby tenax through ebay and the international TR network - and I did! Then I hit the mother lode and found a guy in the UK that had a large store of NOS baby tenax that I was able to acquire that will suit both my TR2 and the Doretti. So I think giving them away to TS1 helped my standing with the universe! Thanks so mych for remembering my time in Auburn and for giving me the pleasure of driving your TR2. Out here in Hawaii, it is a rare chance that I get to drive a TR2 besides my own!

Dan

PS

Here is my TR2 on a recent jaunt though some "street art":

Attachments

• TR2 sized.jpg
    TR2 sized.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 128

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Dan, I have a new top that came with all the larger Tenax fasteners in a bag. I just found out that the one's that you lift the button will work on the Baby Tenax studs! I have ordered a tonneau, that will come with the same large fasteners. All the fasten spots will take this lift the button on the tonneau so I am in good shape. I even have a jar full of baby tenax studs left over.

Hope you guys are safe over there in Heaven? It was 94 here today. I have several contractors coming over this week to give me estimates to air condition the garage.

Dick

I thought you had the females from the tops...but were short the rear studs?

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I am in the final stages of restoring my 1954 TR 2 long door. I bought a new top and tonneau cover for it. The car had two rotten tops and tonneau's I salvaged the Baby Tenax fasteners from them. I am still in need of several more to complete the new covers. I have all the studs on the car and windshield but I'm missing some of the lift caps for the tonneau.

Anyone have some they would like to sell? Dick Vinal

I have a set on an old top, not looking to get rich on them. PM with an on offer if you think you can use them. Can send pictures. Tom

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Would like to see the pic's. I did find out that the new button fasteners will hold on a Baby Tenax stud.

Dick
Won't work vice versa though.
Here is the pic. Black top for comparison. Will PM with details.
tenex 3.jpg
Tom

Attachments

• P1010020.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 134

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Apparently there were 3 Types used on TR2/3. All I can tell you fore sure is that the ones in the picture are too small for my pegs.

T

OP
R

Redoakboo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have plenty of Baby tenax studs and enough Button lifts for the top. Now that I found out the larger Button lifts will work with a Baby stud , I have enough for my tonneau.
I don't think the Baby Tenax's ever had the two piece snap tab. All of my Baby Tenax's are either studs or Button lift type.

OP
R

Redoakboo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tom,

Several people have emailed me about having baby tenax parts. The comparison pic shows the Baby's at the top. Those are the ones I am looking for. I just need the caps. I need 17 caps , and have plenty of large caps, if you are willing to trade?

Dick

OP
R

Redoakboo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Dick - I have some for sale but because they are so scarce and I have been collecting them for so long, I cannot sell them cheaply - which is what I usually try to do with parts for other enthusiasts. So you may want to see what else you can find first. Send me an email if you get stuck.

Dan
Dan,

I had all the baby tenanx's for the tonneau cover, I am short 8 of the cap's for the top. Would you like to sell eight, if you have them to spare?

Dick

OP
R

Redoakboo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Dan,
I have alot of left over parts, from my restoration. Any idea how to post them, encase anyone might be interested.

Dick