• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

change a MP4 file to a jpg ?

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Group,
I need to change an MP4 file to jpeg. The apps I searched for all want access to every file on my computer. I probably have a program to do this but I don't know what it is called. Can you give me some advice please?
Jerry

dklawson

Yoda
I thought MP4s are audio files while JPG are images/pictures. Is that correct? Are you trying to extract a picture from an audio file?

If so, how about playing the MP4 on your device (presumably a laptop) and stopping playback when you reach the image you want to copy. You should be able to use "ctrl-prtscr" or the Windows "snipping tool" to copy the image to the clipboard. You could then paste the image into a program as simple as Microsoft Paint and save the image from there to JPG format.

Sorry if this isn't what you are trying to do.

OP
J

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
The MP4 is a video file taken with a phone. I wanted to upload it to a website but they only accept jpeg. So if a video can't be a jpeg. I will wait to contact someone at the website to ask.
They must have a system for this. I don"t.
Jerry
thanks for the advice so far.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Jerry - the mp4 video can be converted to a *series* of jpgs. The video will turn into dozens (100s?) of still pictures.

It may be that the website you're talking about will only accept photos, and not videos. (Or maybe the website doesn't understand the difference between mp4 and jpg.)

I just used https://www.onlineconverter.com/mp4-to-jpg and it worked fine. Uploaded a single mp4 file, and got a big set of jpgs.

Tom M.