• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healeystein

healeystein

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Just joined 73 year old Limey living in central England. Had my BJ8 since '91 bought in California while on holiday (expensive holiday) and brought back home. Due to work commitments all over Europe had little time to enjoy the car for many years, just another little job needed doing before taking on the road. We have had more fun in the last few years, have a place in France also so at least the steering wheel is on the correct side for some of the time. Used to maintain my own cars as a youngster but then having company cars and then cars developing into computer driven 'jelly moulds' I lost interest and available time. I am now getting down to doing more maintenance on the Healey (getting down is ok it's getting up again that gives the problem). I hate computers and they hate me so even registering with the BCF was a challenge. I also have a Land Rover series lll LWB (ex army) in which I replaced the petrol engine with a LR Discovery TDi diesel engine, so I am quite happy tinkering with these British cars but I am not a slave to concourse standards. I like to enjoy the vehicles and as you all know they can soak up money faster than the wife believing you have won the lottery. Forgot to say I am another Steve.

Last edited:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Steve

Welcome to the forum.

The AH section should be a good source of tips and hints as you get down to the maintenance on the BJ8.
There is a Land Rover section so you should be good there as well.

Post some photos of your collection.

David

Country flag
Hi,and welcome!