• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

.bmp attachments don't work well

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
.BMP can be attached as an attachment bout won't display as an image. BMP is very antiquated file formate - you should be able to convert or "save as" a .jpg

"The native file format of the Windows platform is like the parent format to GIF, JPG and PNG. BMP formats commonly do not allow for image compression (i.e. large files). BMP images are crisp and precise, but being pixel dependent they don’t scale well. On the web, the detail comes at the cost of file size and that’s why you won’t see BMP images used on the web."

PS: As a non-subscribing member you can't delete your own threads or posts. One of the perks of being a subscriber is that for Bronze and higher you can delete your own posts. At silver and higher you can also delete your own entire threads (threads you start)

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I had one heckuva time shrinking that .bmp to get it to fit the size requirements.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
do you want me to repost the pic? which was very funny

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Try this, right click on your photo, open it with Paint, save it as a JPG file. PJ