• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

We have parted ways

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Shes gone , on the truck to Victoria BC into retirement. Loved every minute of restoring and driving her . I will miss her but it was time for her to move on .
Hope the new owner enjoys and treats her like I did .

Attachments

• E09B3C8A-2682-4553-93D8-00402D405F1E.jpg
    E09B3C8A-2682-4553-93D8-00402D405F1E.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 213

RDKeysor

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
I felt that way when I sent my Jag MK2 off to another owner after years of work trying to bring her back to her original elegance. And fortunately the new owner has continued improving that handsome car. Most of us, I believe, maintain and improve their cars with the expectation that future ownerswill appreciate the care we gave them and will continue it. It looks like you have done right by your Healey.

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That is always a hard day. When my BJ7 left for Australia, via California, I thought it would be my last one. But, I've now got another one! Are you out of the car hobby? Or, do you have another car in the garage begging for attention?

Cheers,
Steve

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
She will have a good trip in some fine company , she was last seen in the back of a large transporter with a couple of very fine Italian ladies (Ferraris) a late 80s 588BBI and a 2020 F8 Tributo .....apologies to the new owner of the Tributo I drooled on it .....sorry :eagerness: .
my 64 BJ8 is on her way back home to the UK in the next few days which will leave me just my 62 Tri Carb Rally recreation in progress , so no Healey driving till shes back on the road .
Also still have the Aston Martin V8V and can now afford some go faster goodies for it :encouragement::encouragement:

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Looks like BRGs buddy will leave next week . Shes headed for a boat trip back to “ole blighty” (UK) so shes basically headed home .
This one was my first Healey 17yrs we’ve been together . I will miss this one her side exhaust is very addictive

Attachments

• 3E3D6065-FDCF-4DF8-B543-71F011A673A1.jpg
    3E3D6065-FDCF-4DF8-B543-71F011A673A1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 121

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
yes the pain of seeing it out the driveway on a hauler to a new owner. but, there is the joy of something new but used arriving just two days ago! 93 mustang SSP!

Attachments

• Resized_27113026465351001.jpg
    Resized_27113026465351001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 115
OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Now if I opened the trailer and it was the rear end of a DB5 or something of that ilk I would be exited but a 93 Mustang ......wouldnt even make it into the shop .

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
well i sold my 700 hp 930 and my 600 hp 911...so a db whatever would not to exciting for me. i still have my two bn6s and an early bronco so i was not looking for much! love notchback mustangs!

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
So she leaves tomorrow, my first Healey . 17 yrs of ownership , 5yrs of restoration. Hope the new owner in the UK enjoys and cares for her like I have .
Shes going on a long journey “back home” into retirement.

Attachments

• D59FC470-EB9E-440A-AC69-14A2F1F789E6.jpg
    D59FC470-EB9E-440A-AC69-14A2F1F789E6.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Im going to say that was a falling tree accident .

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Austin Healey Totaled tree crunch another view.jpg016.jpg021.jpg
Reid, Healey Nut guessed it...a 39" caliper oak tree, to be exact. Superstorm Sandy. Mind you, the car was garaged when the storm hit. Brought the roof down on top. You can see the remains of a 9" piece of limb which has speared through the rear floor board. The crushed rear spoke wheel photo is the best reminder of how much force was needed to do that redesign. She's in Healey Heaven, I believe.

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
My last pic before she was loaded on the truck headed to the UK .
goodbye old friend , I will miss her .

Attachments

• 60E3709A-CC4C-41C5-9DA2-0C03E612AEEC.jpg
    60E3709A-CC4C-41C5-9DA2-0C03E612AEEC.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 97
OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I wonder if conversion to RHD is in her immediate future, or will she remain a Left Hooker?
The gentleman that is the new owner is 65 retired and I feel from conversations with him that he will just enjoy her as she is .

OP
Healey Nut

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Got an email yesterday from the new owner in the UK . He bought the red/OEW 64 . That was a long boat ride , he just got the car . It left my place on June 4th .
Delays in Canada and dock strike at the port in Montreal and of course Covid were to blame .
Anyways it arrived all safe and sound although a bit dusty and he is very happy with his “New Healey” and loves the note of the side exhaust just like I did .
Im sure he will be a loving owner and enjoy the car .