• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

roadster18411

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi all, New member here -
Hank Urbach from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
Member of both Austin-Healey national clubs and of Valley Brits club
in Fresno.
First Healey was a 1960 bugeye , red of course bought from a fraternity brother
in 1966. Drove the heck out of it with huge joy around the U of Minn. campus and
elsewhere. Never had as much fun. Then life smacked me in the mouth - 1968
brought job, married, and drafted in the same year. The bugeye seemed impractical.
What a fool I was to sell her!!
Life goes on - an opportunity to buy a 1962 MKII roadster in marginal shape came up
in 1984. Had a mid-life brain fart and jumped on it . Local club here in the Central Valley
was a huge advantage, all really helpful guys and fun to travel with. Many local excursions through
Yosemite and up and down the coast. Fixed the obvious problems with the car, and having demonstrated
I had no brains left, loaded some tools and my 12 year old daughter and headed for Whistler, B.C.
for the 1986 west coast meet. What a trip!!! World's Fair in Seattle for a few days and then up to
the meet. Met some of the kindest, most helpful folks in the world there.
Then home via Yellowstone where we met my family from Minnesota. Camped and blasted around the park
for 10 days and then home.
Big heart attack in 1988 laid me low and forced a shift in priorities. Car has been in my barn since 1991 and just recently
started rebuilding the mechanicals. almost ready to take a few test runs to shake down all the new and rebuilt
parts. cosmetics will have to wait, but looking forward to the sheer joy of attacking the back roads
of the Sierra foothills once more.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Hank

Welcome to the forum.

Great that you are getting the MK2 back on the road. So you it has been in your family for 37 years.

Post some photos of the MK2

David

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I spent a lot of time in the Visalia area,in the early/mid 70's.
It sure has changed!