• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Long since fed up, but this is beyond the pale....

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

Newest rules here, go into effect net stage of returning rights to citizens:

"All restaurants that offer table service must keep a daily log of customers, including contact information and listing when they arrived. The logs will be used for potential contact tracing and must be kept by the restaurant for 30 days."

Cut and paste. No politics. Fact.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Back in junior high (when I was studying under Aristotle ...), a social studies teacher taught us:

You can have freedom, and you can have security. You can increase one by decreasing the other, and vice versa. It all depends on your needs, and on the circumstances.

I'd choose order over chaos just about every time. Nothing remains the same.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I can take care of security. Order does its best to remove that ability.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
All it takes is one "Typhoid Mary" to infect many others.
I'm in good shape but I'm in my 80s and if I catch this thing, I'm probably a goner.
Dreading the ride home.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Apparently there was an overwhelming negative reaction from restaurant owners, and the gummint is now re-thinking that.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Just the one, hence the overwhelming complaints. Folks got tired of catching their own fish through a hole in the ice and cooking outside.

What, you didn't know?

Sort of like, how many galleys on a submarine?

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
4?

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

You're thinking galleries, as in art. Only find them on boomers (missile boats) which employ part-time sailors, who have to keep their art appreciation up at 4-7 knot patrol speed.
heck, one of them even had a piano!
US Thomas A. Edison:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Thomas_A._Edison

During the construction of Thomas A. Edision, the construction captain requested that a Steinway piano be placed aboard. This piano remained on board the submarine for 22 years (1961–1983) up until her decommissioning. The Steinway piano is the only example of a full-sized piano ever installed on a U.S. submarine conducting nuclear deterrent patrols.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Stuff of legend, especially amongst Fast Attack Tough sailors when regarding Part Time Boomers.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Half a set, since they are only at sea half the time.