• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's a jungle out there!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
The skunk is either gone or entombed but we have squirrels and birds up the wazoo. Raccoons of course thrive and a few weeks ago we saw a possum walking along the fence. (Aside from COVID our last provincial government outlawed pesticides about a decade ago and as the change makes its way up the food chain we are seeing bees, butterflies and birds we have never had in our neighbourhood!)

Was talking to a friend today in Waterloo ON - and they have 10 foxes in their backyard - Mom Dad and a litter of 8.

My sister was running last week and saw a fox and last month her dog was attacked by a coyote.

Was talking to another friend last Friday and they are getting reports of a cougar in their neighbourhood (no jokes! :nonod: ) (Peterborough ON)

I think animals are enjoying people being inside.

Oh and my friend's neighbour saw daddy fox walking up the driveway with a chicken. Oops

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Talking with mom on Sunday, she said there were 8 deer walking down the street. She does not like in a rural area.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Our back yard is butted up to an area of protected wetlands. Literally a jungle. Squirrels, 'possum, raccoons, snakes et al. Haven't had a `gator show up in the yard yet, but they live in a flood control canal a hundred yards away.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Neighbors reported a bear in their yards one block from where I live. Pictures were supplied. Looks like a young male searching for his own territory. Got to be careful when I put up my bird feeder.