• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First time user on this forum

your dialogue box for submitting tags with only 16 characters ?

• Allow more character spaces in the tag dialogue box ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gotanoffer

Freshman Member
G’day to all British Sports and Race car enthusiasts from Downunder.
Camden rural New South Wales Australia
i am definitely pleased to have stumbled across this forum of like minded enthusiasts
i hope i can mingle , meet , learn and assist wherever possible from those more knowledgeable than me .
For the past 12 years i have been having fun in Historic Motorsport circuit racing with my Cooper T39 Bobtail CS11-12-56 ex Jack Brabham and Bill Pattterson.
It has given me many hours of fun and certainly sharpened my skills in both set up of early race cars and driving.
More recently i have decided to offer this inexpensive way to historic motorsport to the next caretaker whomever wishes to be so someone else can share in the fun and experience.
Completely restored to original and better specs and on the button with a brand new body and i have retained the original body and all the parts replaced and more importantly CS11-12-56 retains the original chassis with VIN plate as it left Cooper Works in Surbiton and also the Coventry Climax FWB with no more than 5 hours since its last rebuild.
120mph is its top speed or a little more and i have all the provenance since the day it landed in Australia in 1956.
There is no better way to introduce yourself into historic motorsport than with a mid engined small capacity , reliable and predictable British race car.
My next interest is in acquiring a Healey BN4 Le Mans spec ( as a weekender ) or an AC with a Bristol 6 similarly as a weekender.
My racing days are not numbered , simply i am relocating home back to my origins as i have been on this penal colony for long enough and contributed to our community thoughtfully but it’s time to join the ranks in EU where historic motorsport is far more active with many more events and competitors and for me personally to return to my birth place and be closer to my childhood friends and enjoy my life to the fullest.

i guess we all want to enjoy our lives and hobbies.

eat right , think clearer , feel better .... and race faster

Paul Savoy

Attachments

• A4E35853-04A4-46FB-9AC8-9E25AB51CAD0.jpg
    A4E35853-04A4-46FB-9AC8-9E25AB51CAD0.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 83D88D08-F879-41B4-BEA8-CFF9AE4CA1F5.jpg
    83D88D08-F879-41B4-BEA8-CFF9AE4CA1F5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 486BD689-8A7B-40E6-8449-62400872CE2C.jpg
    486BD689-8A7B-40E6-8449-62400872CE2C.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 25
  • 9050C989-A980-4491-A90F-25A77DF1F2FB.jpg
    9050C989-A980-4491-A90F-25A77DF1F2FB.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 21
  • 9116D381-9995-459C-BAE5-DC464817D358.jpg
    9116D381-9995-459C-BAE5-DC464817D358.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 21
  • EC7C0A60-D960-4499-8673-228E5F62AB02.jpg
    EC7C0A60-D960-4499-8673-228E5F62AB02.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 18

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Paul

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting history in the Historic Motorsport and some Great photos. What is the 3 wheeler in the last photo?

My sister lives in NSW near Coleambally.

David

OP
gotanoffer

gotanoffer

Freshman Member
Thanks for reaching out David.
Coleambally is a new town about 5.5 hours inland from where i am located.
The nearest major town is Griffith where most of our fruit is grown and distributed throughout Australia and exported.
I once sold a super modified 1965 Ford Falcon XP to a young man in Griffith whom owned and operated one of two forklift sales and service businesses in the local area.
I will see if I can post a pic of this insane build I did back in the late 90's.
Back to Coleambally either they are in the fruit industry or merino sheep from what I recall.
To answer your question about the three wheeler it is a Piaggio APE Calesssino ( pronounced AAAAPY ) made by the Vespa people , back in the 50's.
My Calessino in fact came to Aust in 1959 ( it is a 1955 model ) and ended up in the backyard of an older Italian fellow in Leichhardt ( an Italian suburb of Sydney ).
When I located it , it was a complete but in great neglect. Rebuilt engine , brakes , bearings , transmission , paint and trim and voila ! you can see the result.\
Calessino's were built and sold in the 1950's to be used at trendy upmarket hotels on the Adriatic and Mediterranean coastline of Italy and were use by the hotel bellboys to
take their guests to the beach and return them to their hotel.
The regular APE were also used to take farmers produce to the markets ( with a utility back ) or tradesmen to their jobs ( enclosed backs ) or couriers delivery merch.
I ended up selling it and I believe it is a advertising prop for a cafe / restaurant at a coastal area north of Sydney.
Cost me a small fortune to restore , but heck it was good fun riding from my rural property to the local town Camden ( 17kms away ) with two daschunds and my partner laughing our heads off.
No helmets required !

what British pearl do you have ?

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Paul

I rescued a 1961 TR3A from a basement in North Carolina. It was a failed restore job that was started in the late 1980s or early 1990s. The PO had dissembled it and done some shoddy body work and messed up the door gaps.
I did get a great deal on it as he had been buying parts at random so I had a lot of new parts in the deal including SS exhaust, wiring harness and lots of chrome work. It took about 3 years to get it back together and on the road.
Enjoying driving it now.
David
Drive your Triumph day. Indian Mounds Macon GA 2.jpg