• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Distance learning?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Several friends tell me this is a pretty accurate view of online visits and meetings. I don't have a web camera, so it's doubly funny to me.

Sometimes you wonder why we try to jump so many tech hurdles, just to see others in a business conference.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
clever! (and true)

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Oh so true. I chair a coordination meeting 3 times a week. Sound only. I can display my screen for everyone to see but NO video. Just a waste of time and effort.
Every so often my work group does get together for a virtual coffee break on video. 10 minutes to be social. But for real work video is a useless distraction.

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yeah that looks like some meetings I've had. Although I did a Zoom meeting with family on Mother's Day. Turned out OK sonce there were only five computers involved. I did a workshop where I was presenting and most of the one hundred participants were on mute. We've successfully had several of our Triumphest planning meetings using the same program and, again, six or seven participants and it seems to work well.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I'm not a Zoom or webcam user. Wouldn't most business "zoom meetings" accomplish just as much without using the cameras? An old fashioned telephone conference call for example?

Thanks.
Tom M.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Possibly, but one can't observe body language over the phone.

body language.png

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Country flag
Well, at all is a bit past my edge, but I do tend towards old t-shirts and sweats/shorts depending on the temps. And usually bare feet while I may or may not shave every day depending on if I might go outside. So not really corporate viewing ready...