• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member Newcastle, Australia

AussieV8MGB

Freshman Member
Hi all, Awesome information and knowledge in this forum, probably going to need all of it for my project, but that's have the fun, right?
I am 58, located in Newcastle, NSW, Australia, and currently have a red 1976 MGB, beautiful little car. The plan is to convert her into a V8, so plenty of work to do, but i have time on my side and a full workshop with hoist, so looking forward to the challenge.
Besides the MGB i have a 1976 Rover 3500, P6B with 4.0 worked motor that i am thinking of using as a donor car, using the motor and diff. Well we'll see :wink-new:
Also have a 1999 Porsche boxster that i rebuilt over a few years.
When i work out everything, ill post some photos.

Cheers Glenn

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Happy to have you aboard, Glenn. Seems we have quite a few folks from your part of the world here.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Glenn

Welcome to the forum.

Went to a car show last year and saw several MGBs with a V8 conversion. A friend in England had a MGB GT V8 back in 1980.

David