• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Do people need a driving refresher course?

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Went out a couple of days ago and noticed that some people seemed to need a driving refresher course since they have been locked down.

Then a local radio guy was talking about about the same thing this morning how People have forgotten how to drive.

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - same here in Connecticut. Weaving over the center line and shoulder, no signals, random slowing and stopping regardless of other traffic, no rules of the road, yakking on cell phones, etc.

Solution: keep the whacko drivers on lock down permanently.

Thousands of years ago, when my dad was teaching me to drive, he said "Whenever you get behind the wheel, remember that half the drivers on the road are drunk ... and all the rest are completely out of their mind."

Amen.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I had one last weekend. I't on a through road and this group of bikers are starting to enter from a side street to my right and turn left. The leader on a fancy HD looks to his right and I can see him not looking left and seeing me, so I laid on the horn and came to a stop. He didn't didn't seem to hear the horn and look in my direction until he was in front of me. I'm glad one of us was paying attention.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
John - how 'bout this one. I'm chugging along at about 35 on a residential street. There's a line of high school joggers, properly running against traffic in the other lane. Just as I get near the group, they cross over lane and run right in front of me. Never looked before changing. I came within three feet or less of creaming the first two in line.

wow - I actually got cold and shaky when it happened. Runners never batted an eyelid.