• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New in Calgary

Johnmusselwhite

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Folks...

I'm in Calgary, AB Canada and drive a 78 Spitfire 1500 that I've owned for a couple of years now. The car was "rebuilt" by the previous owner, who did an OK job for the most part but it was far from being a restoration. It's pretty good for a daily driver and just needs some tweaking to make it a bit better.

The only problem areas I have right now is the steering column, which has a bit of play at the steering wheel and a slight ticking noise that appears to be from a U-joint. I haven't had it up on a hoist yet so I don't know which one, but I"ll find it. I'm replacing the centre "muffler" on the Monza exhaust in a couple of weeks as it's way too loud. A "silver bullet" has been recommended as the right one. I guess I"ll find out. I'll check the u-joints when I get it up on the hoist to do the muffler.

It's been quite reliable so far and I've taken it on a few long day trips. Looking forward to a two-week tour of western BC in July if the COVID thing eases up a bit.

This isn't my first British car as I've had two TR3s (a '56 and a '61), a bug-eye Sprite, an old Austin Mini wagon and an MGB. When I as a kid (a long time ago as I'm 68 now) we had a Ford Prefect, which was my introduction to LBCs.

Looking forward to participating in this forum in any way I can.

John

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome John! glad to have you here. Probably best if you re-post your question in the Triumph section - this section is geared for greetings, that for answers.

good luck!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello John

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice there for your Spitfire. Sounds like you have had a variety of LBC over the years.

Post some photos of your Spitfire.

David

OP
J

Johnmusselwhite

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi All.

Not sure if I posted any pictures of "Brown Betty" in here. This shot is from Wayne, Alberta last summer

John Musselwhite
Calgary, AB

Last Chance Saloon.jpg

Attachments

• Spit in Vulcan.jpg
    Spit in Vulcan.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 19