• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Skunks hate talk radio

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
and so do I. :pukeface::rolleyes:

As mentioned in a previous thread we have been trying to evict a skunk from under the shed. Spring is baby time and the last thing we want is to separate the mother from the babes - an angry momma skunk is not something I want to deal with.

So, the city suggests a natural method. Smelly stuff near the door (cat litter so they think other animals are around). Light - so we have a trouble light pointed directly at the hole and Talk Radio. Apparently they don't mind music but talk radio makes them think people are constantly around.

Do this for three days and then put paper in front of the hole and if it hasn't moved in three days, the skunk is gone. Well, we did it for three days and then noticed the back door. :rolleyes: So, put paper there and the next day it had moved. Put it back and nothing for three more days now. Hopefully tomorrow we can properly close the holes.

But, it has basically been a week now that I have had the radio on in the shed. I can't really hear it in the house but if I am in the back yard or the garage I hear whatever is on at the moment.

All of which is to say that it is the most inane insipid drivel I can possibly imagine. Of course pretty much all COVID all the time and people calling in and radio hosts speculating about who knows what. Not fake news or real news just making sh*t up. I know if I was a skunk I would leave. :grin:

Oh and today the one host was talking about people cashing in their 401-ks to keep their businesses going - which may or may not be true but, with certainty I can tell you that we don't have 401-ks in Canada so that was really weird. (We have RRSPs - registered retirement savings plans)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag