• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Nooooo say it ain’t so.

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Got the last piston ready to go in and why do I have a leftover oil scraper ring? #&$@*
Why me?
Was there an extra scraper in the package?
Did I have a brain fart?

Place your bets, number five has to come out for inspection. Maybe after whiskey.

Attachments

• B4814484-5304-4228-8051-AC9761E82384.jpg
    B4814484-5304-4228-8051-AC9761E82384.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 460279AF-B6BC-437C-A241-E3E4717A0DEA.jpg
    460279AF-B6BC-437C-A241-E3E4717A0DEA.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 50

bammons

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
We always hope it could not be "me" only to realize that yes it is me. I would add a "s" to the whiskey and it will be OK

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
Yeah, that kinda sucks but not as bad as putting your trans back in without the throw out bearing...

Cheers
Tush

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
How about buttoning it all up, putting it in the car, taking it for a ride and realizing it has no power. Hmmm, we put the MGA rods on backwards.

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
How about buttoning it all up, putting it in the car, taking it for a ride and realizing it has no power. Hmmm, we put the MGA rods on backwards.

Oh boy, that might be the topper of what's turning out to be our disaster post.

I should be in the garage right now pulling number five out but my investigative energy will be spiking in the morning.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
How do you know it is #5? Really a head banger on that one. Make sure it is good whiskey. :wall::wall:

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
How do you know it is #5? Really a head banger on that one. Make sure it is good whiskey. :wall::wall:

The Hastings rings come in packages for two pistons, so I got three of those packages. I was installing the final piston and noticed there were three oil scraper rings still left in the pouch... so it had to be number five piston. Or a packaging mistake, either way I will pull the piston this morning and check it. Fifteen minutes work and I'll have the answer.

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
To be more clear... after I installed two of the three scrapers on piston six, I had one scraper left.

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Writing a song, and the chorus will be “He’s smarter than he looks.”
The Hastings package had an extra oil scraper ring in the last pouch. So I got 31 rings for the price of 30! Anyone need an .020 oversized oil scraper?

Attachments

• D93262A4-CB73-496D-AFD2-F367789F07DB.jpg
    D93262A4-CB73-496D-AFD2-F367789F07DB.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 30
OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Now you don't need the whiskey please hand over the bottle. Well maybe a celebration nightcap will be allowed.

I'm on it, watered down some Bushmills with Costco fizzy lemon water. and on to my next problem... where's the gasket for the oil pump? Not the first time I've got a part without a gasket.

I'm assuming no gasket. Why would there be one down there, anyway?