• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Intro - Steve Kirby

sackirby

Freshman Member
Hello All British car fans, I am happy to be joining the forum.

I currently own the following British Cars: 1958 Jaguar XK150 OTS, 1965 Jaguar Mark X 4.2, 1967 Austin Healey 3000 (BJ8), 1974 Jensen Healey, all of these fully restored. In process: 1954 Swallow Doretti (look it up). Waiting in the wings: 1972 Datsun 240Z (not exactly British, but British inspired). Occasional daily driver: 2004 Jaguar XKR.

I am currently the president of the Austin Healey Association of Southern California and have formerly held a number of positions with the Jaguar Owner's Club of Los Angeles, including president.

I live in Dove Canyon (near Mission Viejo), CA and have a hobby shop in Lake Forest. I am NOT the Steve Kirby from Escondido in San Diego county, all though he is a nice guy, a British car fan (MGs mostly) and we are often confused.

I love to travel and have done so frequently with my British cars and friends including Healey trips to Scotland, New Zealand, England, France, Switzerland and Austria and Jaguar trips to England, Ireland, France and Italy.

My main purpose in joining the forum is to solicit information that may help in restoring the Swallow Doretti and I will be posting about that soon. Feel free to contact me on any related topic.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
OP
S

sackirby

Freshman Member
Thanks for the welcome and info Tom.

Once I get used to how this all works, I will put up some pix of my cars. IMG_3676.JPGIMG_3678.JPGIMG_3679.JPG
I think I am attaching some shots of the Dorettin as it sits now.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Steve

Welcome to the forum.

Your pictures posted fine. It is possible to make them larger in the post.
I do not think I have ever heard of the Swallow Doretti. Very nice looking car.

You should be able to get plenty of tips and help from the Triumph section as it is very active.

The pub section of the forum is an area where almost anything comes up for discussion.

David

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hello Steve -

Welcome in, the Austin Healey forum is very active here. I'm surprised it took you so long to find this great resource, you'll probably recognize many people.