• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi! From PADDINGTON, Sydney, Australia

RobXK120

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi! Currently the owner of a 1966 Austin Healey BJ8, I have enjoyed British cars all my life (except when seduced by the Swedes and Germans) including the family Austin A50 CAmbridge and Austin A60, and my own Triumph 2/3 (2 with 3 frame and brakes); Daimler SP250 and Jag XK150 (both in pieces - I didn’t get around to finishing) and Jag XK120 (hence my moniker) in lovely but not concours: 3.8 mkx engine, series 2 overdrive gearbox: drove much of the east coast of Oz: great fun, but sold to travel and buy guitars; Jag 340 fully optioned, but sold ditto, and now the big Healey, beautiful condition. Currently considering XJS coupe to continue Jag club membership. Current family wagon Range Rover Evoque SE 180. Can’t get over the modern gadgets and automation! It’s not right!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the British Car Forum Rob. It appears that you have the Brit car disease pretty bad :highly_amused:
Be sure to check out the different sections of the forum and do post some pics of your car!
Paddington is a lovely section of Sydney. I spent some time there a couple of years ago.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Rob

Welcome to the forum.

You have had a great selection of cars over the years. I was trying to buy a XK120 back in 1967 but could not stretch my savings that far so I bought a TR2 for a bit less than the XK.

You will get plenty of tips and help in the AH section for your BJ8

Post some photos of your BJ8

David

OP
R

RobXK120

Freshman Member
Country flag
L4674276.jpgL4674299.jpgL4674325.jpgL4674382.jpgL4674446 copy 2.jpgL4674390 2.jpg
Of course, to maintain security, I've carefully selected pictures to avoid giving any clue as to the city where the car is kept.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome! Good call on the subterfuge, actually quite a good number of our members have flown to Australia and 'liberated' cars and smuggled them home :grin:

OTOH if you had not altered the photos and posted them as originally taken:

upside.jpg

we would have known instantly where you were! :devilgrin:

Seriously, glad you are here, stick around!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Great pics of your beautiful car. Get one in front of my favorite restaurant .... Mr. Wongs!

P.S. I'll be keeping an eye out for your car next time I'm at Bondi Bch.