• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A stock fog light

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
I got a stock fog light with this project and after I cleaned it up it looks ok. I wanted to wire it into the system on the car and was looking for some ideas. The bulb is 48watts. I could put it on a separate switch, but I was thinking I could put it with the running lights or headlights. One concern I have is overloading the wires with another 48W.

TRopic6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yeah, that would be a lot of amps through the headlight switch. A separate switch (with the light on a relay) would allow you to turn it off in-town or when you need to conserve power. Do you have a generator or alternator? Jeff

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If you really need a fog light, you should be using it without the headlights. The whole point of a fog light is to not reflect back from the fog (as much), so having the headlights on defeats the purpose.

And unless you have a pretty beefy alternator, I don't think you would want it on all the time you have the headlights on. The stock generator will keep up, just barely, but only at higher rpm. Trying to run an extra light in town or worse yet a big traffic jam, is a recipe for a dead battery.

So my suggestion would be to use a separate switch, but feed it (or the relay) from the running light switch, so you can't forget to turn on the tail lights when running the fog light. Then you can still show off your fog light when there's no fog, but get the right configuration if you should happen to need it for fog.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Stock Camshaft TVR 0
jfarris For Sale TR3 Stock Fan used (1956) Triumph Classifieds 0
V MGB Stock Alloy Wheels from Other Cars That Fit 4 114.3 and 14" with correct offset? MG 10
nichola TR6 Stock exhaust sound... short video Triumph 4
Joel Lester TR2/3/3A Are all "stock" camshafts the same? Triumph 9
F Wanted wanted new old stock driver side door latch Triumph Classifieds 2
johnrip Wedge Tires for TR7 stock alloy wheels Triumph 1
steveg TR6 Installing stock trailing arm bushings on the car - is it possible? Triumph 2
PC Actually in stock? Spotted 0
S TR2/3/3A Stock air cleaners and aftermarket air cleaners. Triumph 7
S TR2/3/3A Mounting a stock steering wheel. Triumph 3
M TR4/4A Fuel Line Fittings - Stock or Upgrade? Triumph 6
R Upgraded rod bolts for stock rods Austin Healey 1
S New Build Stock Wheels? Spridgets 38
T How to add a bit more realiability/endurance to a stock 1275 engine rebuild? Spridgets 9
B Wanted stock Bj8 distributor Austin Healey Classifieds 1
S For Sale Triumph tr3 tr3a tr3b tr4 tr4a differential cover new old stock Triumph Classifieds 0
simon1966 Rarity of Stock 100! :-] Austin Healey 13
T Front Tilt or Stock Fit Bonnet Spridgets 18
I Tips for installing intake manifold plugs in a stock Bugeye? Spridgets 6
S For Sale Tr3 tr3a tr3b tr4 tr4a differential cover new old stock Triumph Classifieds 0
Jim_Gruber Thoughts on stock '69 1275 manifold vs LCB Headers for street use Spridgets 9
T Tilting the stock seat for comfort Spridgets 6
simon1966 Does taking a stock BN1 and adding M bits increase its value? Austin Healey 10
T WW Axles in stock Bugeye housing? Spridgets 7
L Modifying stock shift surround for Datsun 5 speed Spridgets 20
K TR4/4A Stock Triumph Radio Troubleshooting? Triumph 4
C Smaller diameter steering wheel - that looks like stock? Austin Healey 16
G TR6 TR6 air filter element replacements for stock housing Triumph 3
CJD TR2/3/3A Stock Valve Lift Triumph 3
RJS TR4/4A TR4A Stock Ride Height - my measurements Triumph 0
CJD General TR BSW thread stock Triumph 2
T TR4/4A Flywheel... Lightened or Stock, that is the question Triumph 14
RJS TR4/4A TR4A Stock Ride Height Triumph 5
Gerard Anybody have a steering wheel emblem for '68 Sprite stock steering wheel? Spridgets 11
Jim_Gruber Tire Size and Stock BE Wheels Spridgets 40
K TR2/3/3A Lightening a stock TR3A flywheel..... Triumph 13
M Healey Mk2 with Colored stock steering Wheel Austin Healey 3
B Found more unopened stock to ofer/trade/giveaway to a good home Spridgets 0
C Stock seat belt color? Austin Healey 11
K Converting a MkII with a V8 back to stock Jag 6? Jaguar 3
Ed_K Modifing the stock BJ8 air cleaners Austin Healey 0
T TR2/3/3A Attaching HS6s to the stock TR3 manifold. Triumph 3
D Stock oil filter vs spin on filter Austin Healey 17
R Planing my built. Stock vs transplant Spridgets 58
T Single Weber Redline carb for stock Midget 1275 Spridgets 12
T stock bugeye front springs Spridgets 4