• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Be careful with N95 masks

D

Deleted member 8987

I liked this one in the same link:
Kim Jong Un in ‘vegetative state,’ Japanese media report says

And at no place in the article, other than first paragraph where they quote the headline, does it say that, allude to that, give evidence of that, or even get within hand grenade range of that.

This IS the NY Post, however, and we can only hope.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've noticed a lot of people driving (by them self) with masks on.
I've also noticed people,after coming out of a store,not taking their gloves off,
then driving away in their car.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Don't need them in the car, but gloves need to be thrown away or else sanitize the car because of the contaminated gloves. Some people are just too scared and don't think.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I have a spray bottle loaded with 91% alcohol and Cocoa butter. I spray the cart down when I get it as the store is out of wipes. Then spray my hands down when I get back in the car.

Have also noticed people alone in the car with masks on.

David

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I have noticed the people alone in cars with the masks too. I don't get it, my only theory, if like me, you take it off, you forget to put it back on when you get where you are going.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Don't need them in the car, but gloves need to be thrown away or else sanitize the car because of the contaminated gloves. Some people are just too scared and don't think.

I must say we are seeing a lot of discarded gloves and even masks in parking lots - disgusting - :rolleyes:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
JPSmit, that is just plain nasty and disrespectful.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The ignorance abounds. Gloves discarded in carts, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots. Masks improperly worn, buttheads with no masks standing in check-out lines two feet behind the person ahead. Kids being taken shopping, running around in stores touching everything in reach. I've seen it all.

"We've met the enemy..."

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
The ignorance abounds. Gloves discarded in carts, on the sidewalks, in the parking lots. Masks improperly worn, buttheads with no masks standing in check-out lines two feet behind the person ahead. Kids being taken shopping, running around in stores touching everything in reach. I've seen it all.

"We've met the enemy..."

As my brother often says, "Ah, humans ...".

Often seems we're unusually lucky to survive our own actions.

We could start a new thread on dumb/dangerous things we've all seen. But the BCF server would be inundated with posts, and melt within a few days.

"Law 1: Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

Law 2: The probability that a certain person be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

Law 3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

Law 4: Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.

Law 5: A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person. "

- Carlo Cipolla, UC Berkeley, 1976

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Agree NutmegCt. Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Set in 2025 when a frozen soldier awakens from an experiment and comes to the millenial new world. I have tried twice to watch it, only got thru the first half hour the first time and extended it 15 minutes the second time. So true, it's scary.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Larry - I bought the DVD and shared it with lots of friends and colleagues. I think the director said several years ago, he expected the movie would portray USA in a few centuries. He never expected it to come true so fast.

Brawndo with Electrolytes - it's what plants crave!

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
As fast as it comes, none of us expected it. Too bad parents got lazy and don't remember wht they were taught and what should be taught at home. Now back to LBCs in the garage, with Corsair F4Us on youtube.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Speaking of stupid people. "Remember just how stupid the average person is then think half of them are even dumber than that." I can't remember who to quote on that but sounds like a George Carlin observation.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I saw a FB cartoon - three circles on the ground 6 feet apart going into a store. 1st picture shows a pieion standing in the middle circle. 2nd picture shows middle circle empty with the middle circle empty and a person standing very close to a person in the far circle. Catiopn - something like 'It's really bad if you are dumber than a pigeon.'
We had a very famous overnight radio host on KMOX in St Louis, Jim White, one of whose favorite sayings was 'you can't fix stupid'.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
One of my all-time Gary Larson favorites:

eb833bb4a2a8d1e82598e61b1e01c050.jpg

Country flag
I get off the property about once or twice a week right now and when at the store try to stay back from folks. Not so much for me but to keep them from feeling concerned. I don't need others getting agitated..

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I don't need to wear a mask. I'm so ugly people stay way further away than 6 ft.;)