• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

May Healey Marque

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Reid, I just received my May issue today. EXCELLENT read. One of the best I can remember.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks guys. Since I first became editor of a national Healey club publication in 1984, I have always sought to produce a general-interest magazine that would appeal to anyone interested in Healeys. That means avoiding producing a publication that is largely of interest only to members of the club. I try to produce a mag focused on the marque, not on the club.

I wish all Healey owners would get Healey Marque magazine because I'm convinced that they would find it very interesting, but I guess some are under the misimpression that it's a "club magazine" and not the "general interest Healey magazine" that it really is. Truly, some Healey owners have a remarkable level of resistance to getting a magazine about the cars they claim to enjoy. But I keep trying :cheers:

My Healey blog: https://blogs.britishcarforum.com/Healey-Oregon/

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Reid, the historical stuff is great but the first person interviews with folks that were "in the room where it happened" are absolutely the best. Keep it coming.

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Haven't received the May issue yet but the April issue with that great action shot on the cover shouts "Read Me"... which I did, cover to cover, like every issue.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Can you get it in the UK?

Oh, yes. Please email Mike Schneider, the Membership Director, and he'll get you subscribed.

By the way, here's the May issue cover:

HM 05.2020.jpg

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Reid, you must turn that around really quick! I'm reading Gary Feldman's column where he said he wrote in on April 24th.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Reid, you must turn that around really quick! I'm reading Gary Feldman's column where he said he wrote in on April 24th.

Yes, I work fast to bring you the most current, up-to-date content in the business! :cool: Or maybe it was April 24 of last year.

The truth is, he undoubtedly meant March 24 (and I encourage contributors never to mention dates such as that because it immediately makes things seem dated by the time the mag gets into readers' hands).

Producing the mag is often a bit disorienting vis-a-vis the date. For example, the content for the June issue is all set (except for my column, which I write last) and I should be reviewing proofs within a few days. It's still only April, but I'm "operating in June." It's just the nature of the biz. That said, I really should have deleted Gary's parenthetical remark about the date. Dang, one got by the censor!

There's a preview of that June issue cover on my blog at the moment.