• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Donald Healey Prominently Figured in REVS Museum Newsletter.

OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Yes I think I must agree with u about errors. As I read it a little birdie on my shoulder was nipping at my ear. But since I am not an authority and I wasn’t going to go back into the text to check I just ignored them.
Let’s have a contest to see how many factual errors can be discovered. I was gratified that the REVs acknowledged Donald. I am also Very Surprised that they would have printed errors.

OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hmm, the link is broken. But it worked just a little bit ago??? I'll try to reconnect with it.

OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
It appears that article has been pulled. There were 3 articles in the recent newsletter. The other 2 still work. I searched the REVs Museum web site and can't find the article. Maybe with good reason.

Luegolover

Freshman Member
Country flag
Being an English school teacher I get the summer off work, mid July to mid August, but I am not the Bank of England so my wife and I do home exchanges every year. Last year we swapped to Fort Myers for a month, tough job, and being car focused we looked for museums and car shows to visit and nearly went to this place. The only reason we didn't is that before I became a teacher I was in sales and drove a Porsche and the thought of seeing loads of old Porsches wrangled with me a little. So we went to this place instead:http://musclecarcity.net. It was great, not polished or pretentious but great. Not the sort of place to have a Healey exhibition of course, **** they wouldn't even have a Ford in there let alone a British car.

OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
It looks like MuscleCarCity is certainly a GM Hot Spot. As many on this forum could attest there are loads of auto museums in that area of Florida as well as all of Florida ( i wonder why :smile: ). But the REVs is very special and has a lot more than just Porsches such as Cunningham's cars, Alfa Romeos, one of the 1st Corvette Grand Sports from 1963, etc.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
It appears that article has been pulled. There were 3 articles in the recent newsletter. The other 2 still work. I searched the REVs Museum web site and can't find the article. Maybe with good reason.

Interesting. I pointed out to someone else from the automotive journalist/author field that the article had sloppy errors, and I believe he has some influence with that article's author and the REVS Institute. My hunch is that it could well have been pulled in response to the intermediary relating what I had pointed out. Sometimes complaining works.