• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi, I'm a new member.

Tinker

Freshman Member
I hope I can find some answers to the myriad of questions I always have regarding my 1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500. I've owned the car for 8 years or so (it came home in a pickup truck) and I have finally gotten it into a driveable condition. Next step is to try to get rid of the grinding when I put it in 3rd and 4th gear so I'll be putting in my spare transmission, replacing the clutch, checking out the flywheel and replacing the rear engine oil seal in my idle hours. I'll probably have several questions during this process. Hope you all can help. Tinker

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Tinker! PJ

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Tinker

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your Spitfire questions.

David

OP
T

Tinker

Freshman Member
Hello TR3driver,
Thanks for the link to the Parts Catalog. I always wondered what the content was and it looks like it will be really helpful. I'm pretty happy with the Spit, added a Pertronix ignition, Weber downdraft, supplemental electric fan, and just colortuned the carb. Each change was a great addition. Lots of fun to drive, not fast, but handles great. Next job will be the trannie/clutch.

Look forward to using the Forum
Tinker

OP
T

Tinker

Freshman Member
Hello DavidApp

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to discussing issues that I run into with the Forum members.

Tinker