• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member - TR6_guy

TR6_guy

Freshman Member
Hi Everyone in virtual blog-land!

I've had five TR6 cards over the years. Restored 3 of them and used the fourth to complete a full restoration of my fifth car. I've owned my 1972 Sapphire Blue TR6 since 1984 and she's traveled with me through my entire aerospace career within the US and Canada, from Vancouver to Halifax where I now live. It's actually easier now to restore such a marque as parts are readily available through a number of vendors. During my restoration years, I traveled through England and the US to obtain the necessary parts including a frame for the car. I've been a member of a number of Triumph clubs and much of the fun was related to meeting people with similar interests. My car is largely a stock car except for the installation of a set of triple side-draft 40 DCOE Webers which is one of the reasons I'm on here. I'm currently a member of BATANS (British Automobile Touring Association of Nova Scotia) who led me to this blog. I'm a graduate aeronautical engineer and enjoyed working on my car over the years but honestly have not driven my car for over 8 years. I started her up the other day after changing the oil and she started right up. I'm determined to get her on the road this summer. I want to replace the seat upholstery which was the last thing I needed to do. I bought the vinyl kit from TRF and will likely get the seat covers,, foam and such from them as well. I do have an issue with the Webers. I bought them second hand and they came with an assortment of jets and venturis. The TR idles well and works well at full throttle but has a horrible flat spot I need to correct. This will be my first venture within this blog is to seek some folks with experience in setting these up. I've read a ton of reference material and havve a basic understanding of the Weber operation, but now I'd like to chat with someone with real world experience! I've torn down a number of TR6 cars, rebuilt gearboxes, engines and everything electrical including instruments. I love the way this car can be worked on. I drive a 2017 BMW 650ix Grand Coupe and would never venture to dig in under the hood of that car. The best character of the TR is the ability to fix it easily ! Anyways, that's my story. I want to get my baby on the road and look forward to meeting a few fans and experts along the way.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! and a lovely part of the world to be driving! Were you Canadian Military that you ended up in Halifax?

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

The TRF seat foam is great. I did my TR3A seats using another seat cover kit but chose to buy TRF foam as the other kit foam did not work for me.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of help there with your TR6 questions.

David

OP
T

TR6_guy

Freshman Member
Sorry for the late reply! No, I moved here working for a defence contractor. Yes, it's a lovely part of Canada when the weather behaves! Now that the sun is out, hoping to get out for a drive in the TR6!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sorry for the late reply! No, I moved here working for a defence contractor. Yes, it's a lovely part of Canada when the weather behaves! Now that the sun is out, hoping to get out for a drive in the TR6!

Welcome to BCF! I was USAF and spent 3 month at CFS Barrington, NS doing evaluations on a joint US/CAN radar there. Not sure it is still active. Always been on my bucket list to get back to NS - beautify place!