• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Which wrench do I need? Yes.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So I spent my evenings and weekends last week getting my Morris Minor back on the road. I had to chuckle at my little tool cart. Which wrench do you need? Yes. All of them.

Left to right:

Whitworth: body, some suspension
SAE: engine, some suspension
Metric: transmission (Datsun 5-speed)

So I get to use all of them. Luckily it's mostly consistent, but sometimes it takes a couple tries to find the correct one. Does make me miss working on my Bugeye, that's all SAE (other than maybe one or two on the carbs).

allthetools.jpg

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Drew - that is the cleanest tool tray I've ever seen!

To be honest, the picture was taken after doing some cleanup. But I do try to be neat, now that I'm older and appreciate why my dad was mad when I messed/lost his tools. ;)

Not a complete tool cart, as I don’t see a hammer!

Already put the hammer away when I took the pic.

And the wrench you used 86% of the time was the one next to the blue handled wire cutters.

:smile: That little crescent wrench is just for the throttle and choke cable retainers.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
And the wrench you used 86% of the time was the one next to the blue handled wire cutters.
Yep that's all you should need. :smile: I'm reading another book about the Peking 2 Paris Classic Car Rally run in 1997. The team that wrote the book was two gals from the States but their car was prepped in England. It was a Hillman Hunter and the girls weren't getting much info out of the shop that was prepping the car. One of the things they insisted on was to make sure the car had a full complement of tools on board. When the car was off loaded in Bejing just days before the start of the Rally the girls got to check it out for the first time. When they opened the boot the only tool to be found was one crescent wrench.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Larry said:
...When they opened the boot the only tool to be found was one crescent wrench.

Sounds like a cruel joke.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I only have one crescent wrench so now I guess I need to buy a metric one and a Whitworth one.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Mick2me

Freshman Member
Country flag
The second image is the bottom part of the document.
Hopefully the PDF will be attached to this post?

I have more usefull docs to post

Attachments

• wrench spanner chart.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 48

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
But, you also need the left handed ones.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The second image is the bottom part of the document.
Hopefully the PDF will be attached to this post?

I have more usefull docs to post

Thanks for that, will be useful.