• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cocomats

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
In anticipation of Conclave 2020 I purchased some cocomats for my car which arrived today. They are first class and look and feel a lot better than the Amco-type rubber mats they replace. The supplier-cocomats.com--is super-communicatve and had sent a full-sized pattern for my approval. Though they were a good fit I chose to shorten the driver's side mat by 1" so it would lie clear of the gas pedal. All tolled it took about one month from time of initial order until I received them.

Attachments

• Cocomats2.jpg
    Cocomats2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Cocomats3.jpg
    Cocomats3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 77

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Yep, have them in mine also. Great you send them an actual template of what you need so they fit exactly. Far better than any of the other brands out there.

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 30
OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Rick--

I first had cocomats in a 1965 Porsche 356 SC cabrio and I think you are correct in their never making it into the LBC community, but they seem to work okay in the 100. As I recall the early ones were simply a layer of trimmed woven material whereas now they are rubber-backed and hold their shape better without letting debris, etc. pass through to the floor of the car.

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have one small 'complaint,' and it's a very minor one: I wanted a squared notch, esp. on the driver's side, where the mat buts up against the bell housing cover corner. This would prevent the mat from sliding forward--a la Lexus' alleged problem--but apparently they can't stitch a perfect 90-deg cut so it came out rounded at the corner. I have Dynamat knock-off sound-deadening with a layer of the aluminum-backed shredded cloth--water heater insulation?--on top and the Cocomat has nubs on the underside so the mat won't slide. Before, I had a rubber aftermarket mat that I would constantly have to slide back with my foot while driving lest it interfere with the pedals.