• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Chinese proverb:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TWO POTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pole which she carried across her neck.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]always delivered a full portion of water.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pot arrived only half full.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]only one and a half pots of water.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]the woman one day by the stream.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]leak out all the way back to your house."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]water[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]them." "For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]to decorate the table.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]to grace the house."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Each of us has our own unique flaw.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]so very interesting and rewarding.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]good in them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]To all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]the flowers, on your side of the path.[/FONT]

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Nice reminder Doc. Thanks.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That poem is actually something we read at the end of our NAMI Family to Family eduction course.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Very nice and a lovely reminder, but, Doc? you goin' all mushy on us? :grouphug: :grin: :cheers:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Very nice and a lovely reminder, but, Doc? you goin' all mushy on us? :grouphug: :grin: :cheers:

Musta been the influence of th' shrimp fried rice I'd eaten while re-reading "The Dancing Wu Li Masters"!!

...I'll endeavor to exert more control. :smirk:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Musta been the influence of th' shrimp fried rice I'd eaten while re-reading "The Dancing Wu Li Masters"!!

...I'll endeavor to exert more control. :smirk:

Not gonna lie, when I saw the title of the post and your John Hancock I was expecting "May you live in interesting times," :grin:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Not gonna lie, when I saw the title of the post and your John Hancock I was expecting "May you live in interesting times," :grin:

edit: and because it is the humour section not the pub section. Your post was more true than funny if you know what I mean. :cheers: