• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi From the UK!!

Steve1967

Freshman Member
Hello, it seems most people on here are from the USA. Quite fitting as both my cars came from there via a well known classic car sales site in Beverley Hills!

I bought a 1960 Healey 3000 which was a horror and restored it over a 3 years term. It now looks great and was borrowed by the Austin Healey Club for thier stand at the Classic Car show at the NEC. As you can guess Im quite proud of that.

Anyway nearing retirement and with the resto bug deeply engrained, I then bought and even greater horror of an E Type Jaguar from 1967. Its a 4.2 S1.5 OTS or Roadster as we call it here. It needed everything, new inner and outer sills, new boot floor, repair panels for A and B pillars and many in the bonnet. Ive almost finished it now and just need to do the trim, the glass and the soft top. Hopefully there will be some summer left after that and we will be allowed outside for a play.

Well thats it. Thank you for having me!

Steve

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Welcome Steve.
We have had discussions about Beverley Hills car club many times. Amazing the condition of the cars. I was outbid on a Healey once by that company. Their bid was way over what the car was worth. I went to their website to find the car many times but never caught up with it.
Jerry

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Steve.
Funny thing is that they are located in a not so swell area....not exactly Beverly Hills. Look it up for a good laugh.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Steve

Welcome to the forum.

A long time ago I worked with a friend who did car repairs. It was near the time that your E Type was nearly a new car. I remember the intricacies in the body work around the "A" post. I can not imagine what 30+ years worth of rust would do to that area and other areas. Must make that kind of restoration that much more difficult.

Post some photos of your progress.

David