• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RLN new member

RLN

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello all from Pittsburgh,

I have been registered for a while but have just recently begun to use the site. I think ii's really great, if only there was this degree of interest 4o years ago.
This all started the summer of 73, just graduated from college, got married, and no job. A friend of my father gave me a basket case TR-3. Partly disassembled,
engine and trans out covered with tarps in the driveway, not very pretty but I thought it was awesome.

My Dad was a tailor by trade and able to do just about anything. He never worked on his cars as I remembered but this really caught his attention. We did everything ourselves rebuilding and restoring every component. The cars as it turned out 2-3's and a 4 ground up restorations, not totally original or concours but very nice, cars you would notice. Mine was first so the learning curve was involved but progressed. I still have the 2-3's and am trying to get to the point that I can get them running again. The cars have been stored in a dry garage and look great but there will be a lot to go through before I would attempt to start or drive them.

This brings me to the point where I would like to clean out the parts I have. Of course we came across a few cars that were well beyond saving we thought at that time. Consequently I have a variety of mostly used parts. For the last month I have been going through them, cleaning, and sorting. The Roadster Factory is in my area and I plan on going to three swap meet in May if all things work out.

I'm still learning how to use the sight and I'm looking forward to learning more. I have four transmissions and have a pretty good idea how to identify them now so the forum as already been helpful.

Thank you and stay safe,

Ron Nigro

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Ron - you might want to keep intro posting in the topic you already started. Hate to waste your energy!

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?118908-RLN

Good to have you with us. Your "not very pretty but I thought it was awesome" sounds like me when I got my first car, back in 1966.

Tom M.