• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Workplace by Facebook

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Would anyone have experience using Workplace by Facebook?

One of the non-profits I volunteer with, is changing from email communication to Workplace communication.

You have to set up a Workplace account; you will no longer get communications from the organization via email. You'll only get emails saying "Check your Workplace account for important messages". Then you have to go to the Workplace web page, log in with username and password - and hope for the best.

I've read the descriptions of the organization's Workplace account: how Workplace will store our personal information, how they store and track our use of the system, and how they'll share our information with "third parties". If you disable and/or clear cookies, you can't use the system. And our personal Workplace data and usage is shared directly with Facebook.

Sure sounds like something I want to avoid.

Does anyone here have experience using Workplace?

Thanks.
Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Who are the folks responsible for the non-profit's data security?!? *wow*

I think I'd "unvolunteer" from that outfit.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Who are the folks responsible for the non-profit's data security?!? *wow*

Who's responsible? The move was very likely a "suggestion" from a board member; the data security is contracted out. eek

I'll remain a volunteer, but the move to "automated digital data collection" is a turnoff for me.

OK - back to my cave.
Thanks.
Tom M.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Time to find a new nonprofit to volunteer for.

D

Deleted member 8987

This is just a continuation of the subversive training to get folks to accept what was unacceptable several years ago.

Just put it on da cloud.....it's plenty safe.
Just use your FaceBook log-in (or google). We won't track you.

Just log into FB and we'll put tracking cookies on your computer.

Here, kids.....we'll give you Windoze 10 for free....yeah....good deal...won't cost you anything at all....just ignore what the tech gurus tell you about telemetry, and unique advertiser ID's that track you across the internet.

We have better than e-mail now. FB Workplace....we won't monitor your conversations...we won't run them past our advertising algorithms and have ads suddenly pop up on screen based upon you comments. Nah. Won't happen.

Security? We'll use vadesecure.....yeah, that's the ticket.....we'll tell you how bad it is and let every bad thing out there right past. Retro! Just like the old MacAfee......hey, this is just a courtesy.....some bad trojans want into your computer...accept or deny?

Oh, that's just a joke...sorry....we let them all in, your system is hosed, we just let you know as a courtesy.....

Trust FaceBook.
Trust google.
Trust Microsoft.