• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Does your neighborhood howl

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Neighbors are outside at 8pm howling. I guess this is going on in several cities in Montana and elsewhere in support of health care workers. It is kinda of fun.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Several neighborhoods in St. Louis are doing it in the evening. In one area during the daytime on the weekend two guys, one with a bagpipe the other with a trombone, paraded through the neighborhood.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've had neighbors howling for years, especially around the full moon.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yup the started up around 21:00 and went most of the night.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
All of the ones I can hear can lick their private areas.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've a pack of neighbors two doors away that likely develop that ability every full moon.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
ROFLMAO at Walt and Doc, well everybody actually.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
They were at it again last night right around 11:30.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
neighbor back in CT had her dog attacked by a coyote, supposedly while she was walking it. Dog was bitten but ok. I think these eastern coyotes are part wolf - they're larger than those out west.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
neighbor back in CT had her dog attacked by a coyote, supposedly while she was walking it. Dog was bitten but ok. I think these eastern coyotes are part wolf - they're larger than those out west.

My sister's Australian Shepherd got attacked by a coyote last week - in Guelph city limits. Got it by the hind leg and blew out its knee. They are now getting a knee brace for the dog as surgery is 5K and the vet advises not going through with it as the dog is too old. Not a fun ordeal at any time but especially now.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
From my backyard the property behind is "protected wetlands". We've got some wildlife back there. Mostly raccoons but bobcats and foxes have been spotted on occasion.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Does my neighborhood howl? Ah, let me count the ways ...

Neighbors just east enjoy riding their ATVs in circles nearly 24/7. Throw trash out the front door. Let their dogs roam. Their back yard (next to my house) includes trash, wrecked SUV, wrecked motorboat, wrecked boat trailer, a collapsed "garage" he tried to build out of junked wooden palettes. Children (6, 6, and 8) have trashed my property, damaged my cars, etc.

Neighbors just west set off fireworks at random hours, race their car engines to max rpms, usually after 10pm. Also test max volume of their loudspeakers with punk rock.

Neighbors across the road spend their evenings and weekends jacking up pickups, adding massive oversize wheels, removing mufflers, and modifying engines so they spew black smoke and flames from the tailpipes. Also specialize in replacing stock horns with "Dukes of Hazard" klaxons that play Dixie. And of course display the "Confederate Battle Flag" on their cars and garage. You can guess what political sign they've got in the front yard, next to riding mower they wrecked while racing it.

Road in front of my house is now almost a 24/7 motorcycle gang raceway. Drove me and my 1953 MG off the road and into a ditch last October. I am not happy.

Saw state police helicopters flying over neighborhood a few weeks ago. Idiots across the road posted "Cheap weed for sale, noon to midnight" on their Facebook page. Lines of cars up and down the road, slowly circling through the sellers' driveways.

Yeah, the neighborhood howls. Wish I could afford to move. Wasn't like this 30 years ago.

Can you say "sinking fast"?
Help.
Tom M.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Definitely doesn't lower the blood pressure, that's for sure.

I'm hoping some BCF members will share ways they deal with problems like this. Watching the things I've worked for and saved for over 30 years go down the tubes is really a downer. Not many people want to buy a house when they see the conditions around me. And the MG I saved for over 15 years, run off the road and into a ditch by a motorcycle gang - really rotten.

Thanks.
Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had a friend who had an immaculate landscaped yard. He was fastidious in the way he maintained his property. The neighbor next to him would let their two dogs out and the dogs would trample his flower beds, poo-poo in his yard, and basically run amuck. Multiple meetings with the neighbor were fruitless in keeping the dogs off his property.
When my friend had enough he took matters in his own hands by breaking up small pieces of ex-lax and throwing them on his back yard. It didn’t take long before the neighbor got rid of the dogs since they were having “accidents” in their house :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've empathy with Tom, we've been in th' hovel since '85. Watched the 'hood go up and down, generally populated by folks who just want to have a home, work and live their lives. Long time neighbors mostly know each other, the newer ones seem to think they can do whatever they want, regardless of civility or consideration. The pack of animals I referred to previously moved in a few years ago, acted as if they were living on twelve acres in rural Georgia.