• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Peel Coachworks

CarScene

Freshman Member
As in most advanced countries after WWII many small companies set up to produce either complete cars or major components.

Many of them were undercapatilised and didn't stay in business for long.

However, when you look back through the mists of time one can be very surprised at what many of these small and short lived companies achieved.

Here is one such British firm that was brought to my attention by chance -

https://www.carsceneinternational.com/peels-coachworks-kingston-upon-thames-1950s-60s/

Best,

CarScene

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Are you using our forum to promote your website without even being a contributor to the forum?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Speaking of Peel:

Peel Sheet Metal Works.jpg

As in most advanced countries after WWII many small companies set up to produce either complete cars or major components.

However, when you look back through the mists of time one can be very surprised at what many of these small and short lived companies achieved.

https://www.carsceneinternational.com/peels-coachworks-kingston-upon-thames-1950s-60s/

Best,

CarScene

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Best,

CarScene
Very interesting history of the early British car companies. Thanks for posting!

OP
C

CarScene

Freshman Member
I posted in the belief that this was a contribution to the forum??

I shared because I thought the subject might be of some interest.

Obviously the other two people who replied took it in that spirit.

I have no need to promote my website it is already well established.

Have a nice day!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I posted in the belief that this was a contribution to the forum??

I shared because I thought the subject might be of some interest.

Obviously the other two people who replied took it in that spirit.

I have no need to promote my website it is already well established.

Have a nice day!
I find your posts a contribution. Please continue to include links to your informative writings. Thanks.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Possibly I am just a curmudgeon. It just seemed to me that one of your first posts being a link to your own website was self promotion. I apologize.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Walt, I'm pretty sure you aren't old enough to be a curmudgeon yet.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
If we don't start moving around, we all will be!