• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Windows 10 problem

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
One of my laptops has W-10 in it, it's an older licensed version. Haven't used it in quite a while, so I went to update it to the latest drivers and it keeps telling me it can't be updated now and to retry later! Any clues how to fix this without downloading a pay program? I shouldn't have to do that, the automatic update should do it without asking! Another MS flaw?? PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - Windows updates are always free. But gazillions of people are now staying home, staring at their computer screens. Windows update - and most of the Microsoft cloud, is a bit busy ...

I just tried update, and I got a message to try later.

If you haven't done an update for a while (weeks? months?), there's a lot of update needed.

Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Bandwidth allocations shifting.

Find it amusing that the outfit that made the O/S most use is being squeezed. It's like pulling the bottom pieces from a Jenga construct.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Kids schooling would be a bandwidth hog at this time of day.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag