• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One of those new member threads....but after forgetting password

MARK75TR

Freshman Member
Country flag
So came in here to look for those that have had a problem with “starter lag”...I have a 75 TR6 since 1978....starting to see a problem when turning over ignition.....turn switch....nothing.....turn switch ....nothing.....turn switch.....tick start VAROOM

Not sure if it is switch going bad or somewhere up through to the starter.....all original in that location as I have not restored anything electrical.....took engine and tranny to zero but nothing with electrical system

Will go looking unless someone says “hey...I know what YOUR problems is”

Thanks!

Mark from Chattanooga TN

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Repost problem in Triumph column. Sounds like battery or grounds need to cleaned, or even starter needs to be cleaned up. Getting older and connections get corroded. More will be watching in Triumph. Welcome aboard.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome Mark, glad to have you aboard. As LAsry suggests, you probably want to post your question in the Triumph forum here also. Probably mroe likely to get an answer.