• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

No Vapor trails.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
The last few days as I walk I have noticed that there No vapor trails across the sky. I am sure that the guys that moniter Flight tracker have noticed the drop in flights.

Great weather in Georgia for walking and we are still allowed outside.

David

D

Deleted member 8987

We have gone from sometimes three aircraft at once in the sky on approach to a major international airport to one every one to two HOURS. We are now surprised when we hear something, much less contrails.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The parking lot at the local airport has less & lees vehicles every day.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I travelled home from Vegas a week ago. My flight left at 1300 hrs local roughly. I took this picture about an hour before we boarded. It was kind of unsettling...

9F874911-D5F2-4D22-B459-F3821F516D79.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:iagree:That is kinda spooky.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag

Hmmmm, leave it up to CNN to provide fake news.

[h=1]Recent Earthquakes Near United States[/h]Sorted: Recent
Filter By Magnitude
Nearby Places

[h=4]United States has had: (M1.5 or greater)[/h]
  • 108 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
  • 745 earthquakes in the past 7 days
  • 2,813 earthquakes in the past 30 days
  • 38,083 earthquakes in the past 365 days

[h=4]The largest earthquake in United States:[/h]

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hmmmm, leave it up to CNN to provide fake news.

Recent Earthquakes Near United States

Sorted: Recent
Filter By Magnitude
Nearby Places

United States has had: (M1.5 or greater)

• 108 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
  • 745 earthquakes in the past 7 days
  • 2,813 earthquakes in the past 30 days
  • 38,083 earthquakes in the past 365 days

The largest earthquake in United States:

Interesting. The CNN article focuses on "Ambient seismic noise", which is very different from earthquakes.

Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Interesting. The CNN article focuses on "Ambient seismic noise", which is very different from earthquakes.

Tom M.
You beat me to it Tom. The article has nothing to do with "earthquakes" but rather the "noise" humans create everyday.

"Around the world, seismologists are observing a lot less ambient seismic noise -- meaning, the vibrations generated by cars, trains, buses and people going about their daily lives. And in the absence of that noise, Earth's upper crust is moving just a little less."

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
You beat me to it Tom. The article has nothing to do with "earthquakes" but rather the "noise" humans create everyday.

"Around the world, seismologists are observing a lot less ambient seismic noise -- meaning, the vibrations generated by cars, trains, buses and people going about their daily lives. And in the absence of that noise, Earth's upper crust is moving just a little less."

You fellas are exactly right. I did read and interpreted it wrong. I focused on the world 'seismic' and completely went off kilter. I guess my prejudice for CNN was just to much for me to handle.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks vette.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I think we'd better arrange a world-wide "shelter in place" clogging party!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I think we'd better arrange a world-wide "shelter in place" clogging party!

Love the latest Geico commercial with the cloggers upstairs!

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
We still have A10 Warthogs flying over the house just about daily. They fly up from the south on their way to the Bollen Practice Range which is just north of us. The strafing sounds are actually pretty cool.
Plus, just yesterday, Air Force One circled once (and was remarkably low) over us on it's way to practice "touch and go" at the Harrisburg, PA airport. HIA was originally Olmstead Air Force Base (de-activated in the early '60's) and we're told it's long runways are ideal for what seems like just about an every other month practice.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Had some A-10's around here in late Feb/early March. The GAU-8 sounds like The Jolly Green Giant breaking wind. Had the honor of being present at the first multiple round test firing of that weapon, in Burlington, VT. A visceral experience!

Country flag
Where I grew up in southern OH, we were part of the Air Force and ANG practice airspace, so we'd see fighters doing training all the time. Once I remember in the later 70s, an F-15 caome over with half a dozen A-7s. They circled for a couple minutes then the A-7s all broke in different directions. The F-15 circled for another minute or so, then went a huntin...