• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

CarScene coming home

CarScene

Freshman Member
At long last I have joined the British Car Forum. I should have done it years ago! A little about myself - apart from a year in Detroit I spent all my career in the UK motor industry, initially as a draughtsman with Jensen Motors (two spells - the second working on the FF model). Then I worked, as a draughtsman for Ford, Rootes and British Leyland. I was offered a position by a 'Job Shop' in Detroit working on the '71 year Impala. On returning to the U.K I had had enough of draughting and got a job with Chrysler U.K. as a 'Product Planner'. I spent thirty two years with Chrysler/Peugeot (who bought Chysler's European operations in 1978). I rose through the ranks to Marketing manager responsible for direct marketing and sales promotion. I took early retirement in 2001 and for the next ten years worked part time, as an assessor, for a Further Eduction College.
In 2011 I started a blog called "twincam.serendipity". The purpose was to write about and photograph any rare or classic cars I encountered by chance. In 2016 this transisitoned into a WordPress based website called www.carsceneinternational.com This has become an almost fulltime occupation. Soon after starting the website I became involved with the Warwickshire County Record Office who in 2016 had bought the Donald Healey Motor Company Archive from Geoff Healey's family. In October 2017 I used my website as a platform to write Warwick Healey Motor Company Archive Bulletins. The purpose being to "showcase" the contents of the archive. This lasted for about twelve months. I still continue to write about classic car meets on the Car Scene website but the area that has really taken off is, publicising Classic Car events and Auctions etc. As I say it is almost a full time job (no money as yet!) which I enjoy very much.
This is my last post - something for the kids - https://www.carsceneinternational.com/for-the-children-and-those-young-at-heart/
The cars I have owned are - Mini Van, Mini Cooper, AH Sprite MkIV, Ford Mustang (in the States) NSU 1000 (loved it!), Hillman Imp, Hilman Avenger and then I was issued with company cars which I still get - currently it is a Peugoey 308 GTline, I love that too!
There are two reasons why I have joined BCF now - 1. analytics informs me that BTF is one of the major sources of traffic to my website and 2. Just recently a person that I have been having email correspondence with about his AH 100BN1 told me that he has also been corresponding with someone on BCF. That convinced me that I should join up. If you have, thanks for reading.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF CarScene. Looks like you’re living in the birthplace of Brit. cars.
I’m sure you will have lots to offer all of us here on the BCF.
Last September I visited the British Motor Museum and hope to get back there one day.
Now I’m off to have a look at your website....

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Sounds like an interesting past.
Do you have a British collector car?

OP
C

CarScene

Freshman Member
I am afraid not. It is something that I probably aspired to when I was younger. I used to maintain all my early cars myself and I re-built a Mini to Mini7 race spec. but didn't race it - it was a great road car!

One of the cars that I used to aspire to was a Daimler SP250. But I was in Germany visiting a supplier and the young quality engineer had one. He let me drive it. It wasn't in pristine condition and that experience put me off the idea of owning a "Collectors car".

I enjoy driving (a modern car) enthusiastically, more than the prestige of owning a collectors car. I am very interested in car history and that interest is fulfilled by me writing articles for my website and the Healey Marque magazine.

Thank you for you question.

Nick

OP
C

CarScene

Freshman Member
Thank you John.

I hope that the articles have been of some interest. My Healey efforts are mainly concentrated on articles for the 'Healey Marque' magazine these days.

Best,

Nick

OP
C

CarScene

Freshman Member
Hi Rick,

I thought that I had better sign up after all these years; especially as Google analytics tells me that many of the "hits" on my website come from this source.

You are often in my thoughts. Are you still in your Pacific hideaway at the mo?

Nick