• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm Sick of Seeing People Wearing Masks!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I work in a grocery store,& lately have seen a LOT of people wearing them.
What really bugs me is that many of them wear the kind that have elastic bands that
go around the ears,& aren't sealing on the sides/top.
I really want to tell them that these will not really help if someone coughs/sneezes
near you,as their eyes are not protected.
I also want to ask them how they got them (the kind doctors/etc. use),as they could
be better used by professionals.
I'm also assuming that most of these people aren't sick.I also figure that by asking/ -
informing them could start an argument,which really isn't worth it.
My other big complaint is that many customers tend to want to get close too close to
me,when asking a question.I try to use the "6 foot" rule,but it's near impossible.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I really want to tell them that these will not really help if someone coughs/sneezes
near you,as their eyes are not protected.
I've been hearing a lot of that kind of logic. I agree, nothing is a 100% barrier. But if wearing a mask gives only a 1% chance of stopping an infection that might be deadly otherwise, I'm going to wear a mask. Every breath sucks in a pint or so of air (past lung surfaces that are permeable by design) and even a "nuisance" level dust mask has some chance of stopping someone else's blob of spit. Yes, even if it leaks around the edges, some of the air goes through the filter, and some blobs will get stopped. There's a lot of stuff that's pretty big, it's not all 0.3 microns.

And unlike everyone else, apparently, I have my own stash of masks for painting and whatnot. They're normally cheap, if you buy in bulk. A few years ago, I wound up in the hospital with pneumonia, apparently from failing to wear a mask while mowing a rather dusty, dirty area. Not being able to breathe isn't a lot of fun; I'm a lot more careful now than I used to be.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I use the 3M N95 masks which are approved for medical situations. Always buy big boxes. Our state is suggesting wearing them. A lot of stores are requiring them to shop.:mask::cowboy:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The mask are mostly used to keep from touching your nose or mouth

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Here in Illinois when grocery shopping, 1 person, 1 cart, no kids, must wear mask. Missouri adopting same. Feds are ready to make masks mandatory.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had to go to Lowe’s yesterday. This is the line to get in as they were only allowing a maximum of 100 people in the store at anytime. And yes, I was wearing my mask.

IMG_4342 2.jpg

Attachments

• BF8B6147-24C3-4AA8-8DFB-0ACA2D5B0702.jpg
    BF8B6147-24C3-4AA8-8DFB-0ACA2D5B0702.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 25

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I like the 6' lines. Just have to remember 1/2 length of the small LBCs.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm amazed (& saddened) at how many people bring the whole family
to the store.I saw three adults with a newborn.I was wondering why one/two of
them wouldn't wait outside with the baby?

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
The stores in the St Louis area are only letting one person per shopping cart in the store.