• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Toast to John Wheatley - A Call for Action

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Many of you know of John Wheatley who worked as an engineer for The Austin Motor Company. He was also the original owner of his 1954 100 registered OOM 552, and an author of a couple of books on Healeys. The marque never had a better friend.

Sadly, John passed away earlier this month at age 90. I had known John since 1985 and I wrote a message of condolences to his wife, Heather, and two daughters, Catherine and Sarah, and Catherine has made a special request that I hope you'll respond to:

I have a favour to ask. The family are finding it quite difficult that we are unable to mark dad’s passing in a way we would like because we are all in lockdown over here. So I’m asking all the people who knew him to raise a glass (or a cup tea!) to him on Tuesday 31 March, the day of his funeral, and email a picture and maybe a short message so we can put it in an album for mum. We would really appreciate it if you would like to take part!

Please forward this to your respective club email lists and Healey-owning friends, and anyone else you think would be willing to participate.

In the interest of minimizing chaos for Catherine and the other Wheatleys at this time, I'm volunteering to gather and then forward the snapshots and short messages you care to send. Please join me in raising a glass to John on Tuesday. He was one of the best.

Reid Trummel
reid.trummel@gmail.com

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
John Wheatley was certainly a GREAT Healey person. A True One of a KIND!!!! He set my wife and I up for a FANTASTIC WEEKEND AT THE HEALEY INTERNATIONAL SILVERSTONE ENGLAND July 28-29, 1990 I have a photo album filled with photos of the event and of the many Healeys there and Silverstones, Sprites and of John with his OOM 552. :driving:

OP
Editor_Reid

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I have a favour to ask. The family are finding it quite difficult that we are unable to mark dad’s passing in a way we would like because we are all in lockdown over here. So I’m asking all the people who knew him to raise a glass (or a cup tea!) to him on Tuesday 31 March, the day of his funeral, and email a picture and maybe a short message so we can put it in an album for mum. We would really appreciate it if you would like to take part!
- Catherine Wheatley

In the interest of minimizing chaos for Catherine and the other Wheatleys at this time, I'm volunteering to gather and then forward the snapshots and short messages you care to send. Please join me in raising a glass to John on Tuesday. He was one of the best.

Reid Trummel
reid.trummel@gmail.com

Still time to raise a glass to John and send a photo and note for the Wheatleys.