• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Distancing Task #2 - organizing car stuff.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have a binder full of original colour chips from back in the day. Each page is punched with a 5 hole punch. However the binder has only 3 rings. This would not be a problem except some of the 'three holes' are weak and broken. So, I am trying to find a 5 ring binder.

Anyone know where I can get one? If you google you typically get a 5" 3-ring binder.

I did manage to find a medical one but then realized it has the rings on the narrow side so it can flip open.

any thoughts?

thanks all!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
is there enough room to trim the pages and re-punch for three-rings?
if there is, you could take them to a small printing company and they could trim them on a guillotine cutter.
Just a thought...

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
is there enough room to trim the pages and re-punch for three-rings?
if there is, you could take them to a small printing company and they could trim them on a guillotine cutter.
Just a thought...

Sorry I said it wrong - it fits a 3 ring perfectly - and is in one now. Back in the day the binders the old time parts stores had on the counter with parts numbers typicall had 5 - 2 extra. So, it is fine now but would love to find the proper binder. (Does that make sense)

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sorry I said it wrong - it fits a 3 ring perfectly - and is in one now. Back in the day the binders the old time parts stores had on the counter with parts numbers typicall had 5 - 2 extra. So, it is fine now but would love to find the proper binder. (Does that make sense)
Ok, makes more sense now.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
FWIW, any office supply place can sell you reinforcements for the holes. Basically a round piece of clear adhesive tape, with the hole already punched. I use two of them, one on each side, so they stick together where the original paper is missing. Seem to work pretty good.

Sorry, no help on where to buy a 5 ring binder.