• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from New Jersey

Upland

Country flag
About 2 months ago i finalized my purchase of a red 1969 Sprite, after a few years of deciding on my next sports car. In my early years, I had a 1961 MGA, followed by a brand new burnt umber MGB. The B was my daily driver for 9 years through college and grad school. I took it skiing in New England, vacationing in Canada and commuting to NYC. In those 9 years it never saw a dealership or a repair garage other than my own, with a lot of help from the guys at the parts counter and friends. When I became able to afford it I went back to my love of sports cars; but strayed from the path. Two corvettes and two 911s followed. All great in their own way, but I'm back now and truely feel at home with my LBC. I have repaired the cracked "padded" dash, New 14" leather steering wheel, replaced the radio antenna with a side view mirror and am working on an acceleration backfire. The Sprite has an aluminum radiator, electronic ignition, brake booster, new drums/discs, exhaust and an assortment of oil leaks. I love it! Glad to be here and hope to learn and share my experience.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Upland - welcome to BCF. For years I'd searched for an MGA, but never found "the right one". My addiction started back in high school, when my parents got me a 1955 Jaguar Mk VII. They figured if I was hit by a Greyhound bus, it would be the bus that got damaged - not me. The addiction continues.

Here's our Triumph forum, when you're ready to ask questions - and post some photos.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph

By the way, you're in the tri-state area like me. Best wishes to you and yours during the Corona challenge.

Tom M.

Last edited:
OP
Upland

Upland

Country flag
Upland - welcome to BCF. For years I'd searched for an MGA, but never found "the right one". My addiction started back in high school, when my parents got me a 1955 Jaguar Mk VII. They figured if I was hit by a Greyhound bus, it would be the bus that got damaged - not me. The addiction continues.

Here's our Triumph forum, when you're ready to ask questions - and post some photos.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph

By the way, you're in the tri-state area like me. Best wishes to you and yours during the Corona challenge.

Tom M.

Best to you and yours also, stay safe.