• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Social Distancing and granddaughters..

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

So...the wife is having withdrawal symptoms with no access to the granddaughters.

How do we fix this?

Video call!

Not a webcam on the premises. All the stores...shelves for said are bare.
Spamazon, every one I look at, "currently unavailable".

So, she put out a call on some Facebook neighborhood group, asking if someone has an old one.
Next door neighbor!

So I get it, plug it in, load the drivers......figure out I need another program to do a video call, and right there on the desktop of her XP-64 PC is a 2007 version .exe of Zoom!

Loaded it, called granddaughters, had her fix, disconnected on my end, update available, now latest Zoom! and it all works with XP. Go figure.

I don't have anything on my computers or e-mails so I don't do it, but I learned how, loaded, and engaged the process.

Bypass the hoarders and empty shelves. And ZERO dollars expended. I like that!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dave, I have an old spare 'ball camera" that you are welcome to... not sure I have the driver but I bet you could get it to work.
PM me an address if you want it.
As for grandkids, we were supposed to go to Boston to visit our twin grandkids on March 13 but that never happened.
My 5 year old grandson asked me the other day on a video chat "Grandpa, when are you coming to watch me play basketball?"
I gently explained to him "When the rules change, I will be there!"

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

We got it covered. Old ball type, works great. Oldest did not realize we could see her elbowing the youngest. Stern Grandpa voice over the speakers.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Windows 10 would fix that right up - or even better a nice Macbook :devilgrin: (runs and hides)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
and let me also say congrats! No grandkids here yet - just grandkitties - but know a lot of grandparents going through grandbaby withdrawal.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
We did our first ZOOM class this morning... with a gal from our gym. About 50 people signed on. It was fun. Mat Pilates (though, in this case, Livingroom Carpet Pilates). Works well.