• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Windows 10 Problem

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
0d4d5728b504ab7c3595292da0498564.jpeg.max800.jpeg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
groan

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Don, I've had so many problems with Windows 10 that I copied all my photos, all my documents and them dumped windows 10. I re-installed windows 8.1 and have had zero problems since. I also have anti virus programs installed plus Advance System Care Pro. My Linux computer never has any of these Windows problems!
To answer your question, if you have a licensed version of W-10, yes you can re-install it, but if you don't clean the virus out of the computer, chances are it will still be in there somewhere. When I took W-10 out of mine, I saved what I wanted to an external HD and then formatted the SSHD before installing 8.1. I have no problem with 8.1, some don't like it, but W-10 takes over the computer and is too controlling for me, I definitely don't like it! PJ

Forgot to mention, have you tried AVAST free anti-virus, it's a nice program and works well.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I gave up Windows back around 2011 and bought an iMac (Now on my second one). Never looked back. The iMac isn't without it's issues, but nowhere near the headaches I used to experience with my PC.

D

Deleted member 8987

If I could get drivers for this Toshiba Laptop to do it, it would be XP this afternoon.

STILL all the desktops use XP, STILL work, STILL access what I need to access.

Don't use any Eve handing to Adam stuff, either. (apple for the slow USAF types.....!)

I got a friend who keeps pestering me to change this 8.1 to 10. I can't put in print what I tell him, as Bas would have a stroke.

Windoze lost me as a paying customer with WGA. I use it, but it's all either in place or given to me.

In fact, same friend is sending me an XP Pro laptop. Free. No money to Microslime.

And no, I won't tell you what I really think.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Pretty sure the original post had nothing to do with actual literal windows software.

Hint #1 - there is another virus present

Hint #2 - It might have been better posted in the humour section.

:grin:

PS It's hilarious.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Pretty sure the original post had nothing to do with actual literal windows software.

Hint #1 - there is another virus present

Hint #2 - It might have been better posted in the humour section.

:grin:

PS It's hilarious.

Since when do Pub threads stay on topic? We could start a thread about the Sistine Chapel and after a few posts it would be a thread about Kittens...a few posts later we would be talking about serial killers :cool-new:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Since when do Pub threads stay on topic? We could start a thread about the Sistine Chapel and after a few posts it would be a thread about Kittens...a few posts later we would be talking about serial killers :cool-new:
Gotcha
0286F7D5-E448-4562-91A9-571722336AA0.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:grin: :cheers:

PB29ksP.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Speaking of the one in lower right - One of our cats, an old girl named Zulu, a long haired calico, decided to jump up on our bed as we slept a few weeks back. Unfortunately (for me), the location she decided to make her leap onto the bed was right where my face was! Of course this startled me, which made my jerk, which in turn startled her and cause her to deploy her rear claws. As she sprinted off of my face she left a nice 6-inch gash in my forehead which I prompty doused with ample lashings of H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2. [/SUB]​

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Speaking of the one in lower right - One of our cats, an old girl named Zulu, a long haired calico, decided to jump up on our bed as we slept a few weeks back. Unfortunately (for me), the location she decided to make her leap onto the bed was right where my face was! Of course this startled me, which made my jerk, which in turn startled her and cause her to deploy her rear claws. As she sprinted off of my face she left a nice 6-inch gash in my forehead which I prompty doused with ample lashings of H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2. [/SUB]​

Simon's Cat - one of my favourites

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
That was funny!:highly_amused:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We haven't had a cat for over 20 years now but I still can identify with that as if it was yesterday.