Thread: New (Old) Member

Discussions of Triumph motor cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New (Old) Member

Hi all. I've been a registered member for a long time but haven't been on here in years. I have a Bugeye Sprite that's about 98% complete after many years, but I really wanted to get back in the game. So I bought two 1974 TR6s. I call them "Blue" and "Green". Blue was in a field for probably 10 years and is rusty but complete. Green is more solid but is missing components. The idea is to use Green as the base and take parts off Blue. I'm decent at mechanics but this time around I want to learn welding and some body work. I'm new to Triumphs but am willing to learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Allen S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Re: New (Old) Member

Good luck, TR6s are better than many cars for rust repair because most everything unbolts. Make sure to check the differential mounts (known to crack) and rear trailing arm mounts (can rust/weaken). TR6 Is a fun car, also pretty easy to wake up a little with a shaved head and a cam.
    Last edited by glemon; 03-28-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Luke Skywalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Re: New (Old) Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye_Al View Post
    Hi all. I've been a registered member for a long time but haven't been on here in years. I have a Bugeye Sprite that's about 98% complete after many years, but I really wanted to get back in the game. So I bought two 1974 TR6s. I call them "Blue" and "Green". Blue was in a field for probably 10 years and is rusty but complete. Green is more solid but is missing components. The idea is to use Green as the base and take parts off Blue. I'm decent at mechanics but this time around I want to learn welding and some body work. I'm new to Triumphs but am willing to learn.
    Sure sounds like a good plan to me.
    Tom
    1960 TR3A TS73117 (under endless restoration, owned since 1964)
    1959 TR3A TS58023 (in case I never finish the one above)
    1969 Triumph Herald 13/60 (a whim)
    1970 Lotus Elan Plus 2 /0023/N
    1992 BMW325IC (fun to drive)