• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ford's faux pas

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Bill Ford just declared the company helped win WW-II by cranking out loads of B-52's... Oops.

:lol:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Doesn't look like a jet turbine a/c to me ...

B-24_bomber_at_Willow_Run.jpg

How 'bout B-24 Liberators ...

And looking back at WW2, the Liberator sure lived up to its name.

Maybe Bob Ford never heard of Willow Run?

We Americans can do just about anything, when we have leadership.

Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
They can't take back the pinto :scared:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
WHen he made his remarks he was just winging it...:cool-new:
I wondered if Bas was going to continue with his airplane puns but now I see he has not jet taken the hint.

D

Deleted member 8987

Most folks haven't a clue. What's a round motor? That's just an airplane. Why does it sound different.
Oh, I am so tempted to tell you who the "facts checker" probably was. Bas wound have a stroke.

D

Deleted member 8987

They can't take back the pinto :scared:

And that's a good thing. Lots of media BS on that.
Bottom line, after all the media hoopla, there was a short blurb in the back section of the newspaper on the outcome. Not what you'd think.

Ford not guilty was one.
Pinto-Vega specialty junkyard in my neck of the woods never, ever saw a burned Pinto.

I saw one......guy had a flat tyre on one of the narrow floating bridges, drove off. Tyre caught fire, burned the 1/4 panel and no more.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
The Chevy Vega. The car that redefined depreciation. And the car that turned my best friend from a lifetime Chevy owner to a lifetime Toyota owner. I once drove into New York City with him as a back seat passenger. Thin seats;banged and crashed over the bumps. One of the worst ever.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I knew a guy with a Vega wagon.He kept a case of oil in the back.

I once went from Eureka,CA to Grants Pass,Oregon with a Friend,
to buy some t shirts ($1 each!) at the Champion factory outlet store.We'd
spent all our money on them,& on the way back,about 40 miles down the
road,the oil light came on.
We stopped in front of the local Sheriff's house,& he gave us a quart
of oil.We then went to a nearby store,where we got another quart of oil,leaving
the spare tire as collateral.
We went back the next week,to retrieve the spare, but took my '72 Toyota pickup instead.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I knew a girl who had a Pinto station wagon for her first car, poor girl.

D

Deleted member 8987

Had a 72 Pinto wagon, 2.0 with automatic. Loved that car. Kids got bigger, sold it, bought a Fairmont wagon. Some Some clueless rich person who thought they were entitled, drove their Mercedes through a stop sign and T-boned the Pinto.

Drove the Pinto until the tires went bald (car was bent in the middle).

Didn't explode though.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I started teaching in 1970, Rio Grande Valley. My first new car - a 1971 Pinto 1600!

Nary a problem with car - very cool that it came with a "Fix It Yourself" manual for basic maintenance. But I had a local shop install underdash air conditioning. Worked fine until I hit a speed bump, and the entire underdash unit fell down onto the floor. Still pumping out cool air tho ...

pinto.jpg