• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Central Florida

7873jake

Freshman Member
Country flag
Decided to convert from silent searcher of information to subscriber as part of my micro-economic stimulus package. (This package also includes placing orders for parts on the '67 4A across a wide swath of catalog suppliers as I prepare for some time off in the not-too-distant future and will need extreme isolation/distancing from a house full of daughters back from college AND wife AND dogs.:cower::wall:)

I'm in the last half/final quarter (pick your sports analogy) of a full and total restoration of a 4A that has involved a complete dismantling of nearly everything over the last 6 years. Its now all going back together.

I live in Deland, FL, west of Daytona Beach and north of Orlando.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hello 7378Jake. I'm sure you will find plenty of friendly chat and technical support for your TR project. I spend most of my time on the Healey forum so I might not see your dialog often but there will be plenty of help for you. For just some unpressured conversation sometimes try The Pub forum here.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF, Jake - and thanks for becoming a supporting subscriber - much appreciated!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Jake

Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your last Quarter. Did you do the disassembly or did you get it like that?

Post some photos of where you are on the project.

The pub is always good distraction as almost anything comes up for discussion.

David

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hi Jake, welcome to the asylum!

You might consider adding your car to your forum signature, makes it easier to get the right answers.

I'll also point out that my favorite supplier, The Roadster Factory, doesn't actually publish a full-line catalog for any of TR2-4A. They only publish a "mini" catalog and "glovebox companion" with the most popular parts; but they stock a great deal more.
More info at https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf...rod-Dyslexia&p=1132798&viewfull=1#post1132798
And, here is a SPC for your 4A
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffUFNWSFBDVDVCbkk

I haven't gone through and cleaned up the scans; so please let me know if you find any problems. I do suggest you download the file to your computer, as the Google reader doesn't support bookmarks and such. The manual should be text searchable, again let me know if you find any problems with that.

OP

7873jake

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you gentlemen for the 'handshakes' and welcoming in a time when a handshake is considered high risk behaviour.

I recognize Randall from other dark, dank and musty troves of LBC info cached around the internet (LBC: Little British Car)

I will get some photos posted to the albums. Also need to figure out how to update my profile pic...