• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things to Do While You are Sheltering in Place

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I was planning to utilize my time turning beer, wine and scotch into urine.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was just reading a couple of flyers from the Veteran's Clinic in Brookings,Oregon.
It said that the virus can't survive above 80 degrees,& drink lots of hot liquids

It also said that the one of the first symptoms is a sore throat lasting 3-4 days.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I was just reading a couple of flyers from the Veteran's Clinic in Brookings,Oregon.
It said that the virus can't survive above 80 degrees,& drink lots of hot liquids

It also said that the one of the first symptoms is a sore throat lasting 3-4 days.

Hi Doug - is that Veterans Clinic officially run by the VA?

There's a *lot* of false or misleading info floating around, on the 'net as well as on paper.

The flashing red light for me was "virus can't survive above 80 degrees". If our bodies are usually 98 degrees, then why is there a virus problem.

Points to ponder. Just sayin'
Tom M.

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
If the cited temp is centigrade, converting to farenheit it is 176. According to WHO, 56 centigrade produced "rapid reduction" of SARS 1. Covid 19 is SARS 2. Stating the obvious, neither is of course achievable in the body. If the source of any info is not CDC, WHO, Fauci, Johns Hopkins or the like, do not credit it at all.
Bob

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Since we are on home isolation, my wife says we have to ration things like wine. She limits me to one glass.

4h2hvij3ozyz-74193.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have been doing my part..... Yum.
Only have one bottle left and all the wine stores are shut down here.

IMG_4320.jpg

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Netflix has a new documentary on Fangio. I am not nearly old enough to remember him race, but by most all metrics except championships and races won(seasons were a LOT shorter then) he is the GOAT of F1 driver's. I didn't find the documentary particularly mesmerizing or inspiring, but certainly worth a watch if you are interested in this kind of thing. https://www.google.com/amp/s/racer....ed-netflix-documentary-spotlights-fangio/amp/
I saw Fangio doing a demonstration drive in the W196 at the Monterey Historics, before it became the Rolex Reunion. There was a 500SL camera car leading him. We could tell he was annoyed that the camera car was slow, so he kept pushing the camera car until the driver spun in Turn 9. Then Fangio put on a real show to much cheering!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm reading sixteen books right now. I guess you could say I'm having a problem focusing, usually I'm only reading ten or so.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Taking the advice: "Brush Up Your Shakespeare."

...and a refresher course in calculus:

reading.jpg

Country flag
You have to wonder too if like so many enforced stay at homes, blizzards, power outages and such, will the hospitals see another usage increase in 9 months..

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I drove up to Vasquez Rocks on Saturday for a little IR photography. Almost turned around due to rain. Glad I kept on.
vasquez.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Very cool pic.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had today off,& it was weird when I thought I shouldn't go out in public.
Slept in,& finally got motivated,& mowed the lawn.It started to rain,just as I was
finishing.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
You have to wonder too if like so many enforced stay at homes, blizzards, power outages and such, will the hospitals see another usage increase in 9 months..

I wonder though whether the contagious factor is going to be a buzzkill? :rolleyes:

We have been doing a bunch of work related stuff (we work from home anyway - so lots of Zoom) Lots of organizing physical space and cyberspace. I currently have an old laptop set up to rip DVDs to my NAS drive as I have long been meaning to do.

I have a basement to finish and of course a Vauxhall in the garage.

SWMBO & I are also catching up on TV.

Catching up on Brooklyn Nine Nine
Saw the last season of The Good Place (best finale ever - beats the last episode of MASH hands down)

We have Chromecast and have been watching various cozy mysteries

We finished this season of
Midsomer Murders
Death in Paradise
Catching up on Vera

We just watched season one of the Great Pottery Throw Down (like the Great British Baking Show) and we are also watching the Great Gardening Challenge (also British)

Closer to home you might want to catch

The Gardener https://www.tvo.org/video/documentaries/the-gardener
This is an amazing documentary about a garden in the Charlevoix area of Quebec (beyond Quebec City) It is the story of Francis Cabot (Frank) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Cabot - American Gardener & Financier. It is an amazing story and a gorgeous garden, and even more amazing when you consider it is Zone 4 and they get 150 days of winter a year.

Oh and lots of hot tub time with wine or scotch. :smile:

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Taking the advice: "Brush Up Your Shakespeare."

...and a refresher course in calculus:

View attachment 62725

I think I could maybe get thru that bottom book in the pile. but the rest, forget it. Yet for real intellectual stimulation I'm waiting on B.S. Levy's last book in the Last Open Road series.